These banana pudding brownies are delicious and such a fun treat! I say they’re brownies but there’s no chocolate so I guess these are banana pudding blondies or maybe banana pudding bars. I made some of these amazing banana pudding flavored treats and dropped off some for one of my friends who lives nearby. I asked her what I should call them and she voted banana pudding bars and her husband said banana pudding pillows! I’m not sure about banana pudding pillows but I think I’ll go with banana pudding brownies since they look like banana brownies to me.
I’m a huge fan of bananas. Some of my other favorite banana recipes include cast iron skillet banana bread, Lorna Doone banana pudding, and coconut pudding banana bread if you are looking for some recipes to use up your extra bananas.
If you’re wondering how to make banana pudding brownies with vanilla wafers, then let’s go!
Affiliates Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service. There is no extra cost to you.
What you need to make banana pudding brownies
- Boxed of yellow cake mix
- Mini vanilla wafers
- Instant Banana Creme Pudding Mix
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or cool whip for topping (optional)
I love this recipe because it really does taste like banana pudding thanks to the banana creme pudding mix. Be sure that you get a banana creme instant pudding mix. Banana creme has a different taste than just regular banana. Also, be sure that you get the instant pudding mix and NOT the cook serve type of pudding mix.
This recipe is also a great way to use up bananas. I’m not sure about your house but at my house, bananas are so hit or miss! Sometimes they’re almost all gone the day after I go to the grocery store and sometimes they’re sitting on my counter waiting to become banana bread. For this recipe, I like to use ripe or very bananas in the batter and one or two fresh sliced bananas on top. Mini vanilla wafers (aka nilla wafers) go much better than full size wafers in this recipe. If you can’t find the mini sized vanilla wafers, I suggest crumbling up the regular sized ones a little bit.
What type of pan to use for this recipe
For this recipe, you can either use two brownie sized pans (8 x 8) or one rectangle cake pan (13 x 9). I’ve also made these banana pudding brownies in the individual square brownie pans (liked the ones below) and they turned out fantastic.
Whichever pan you use is fine, just make sure you have two brownie pans if you want to use that size!
How to make banana pudding brownies
To make these banana pudding brownies, begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Next, grease a cake pan or two brownie pans with non-stick spray.
Peel and mash the three ripe bananas with a fork and add them to a large mixing bowl with the yellow cake mix, banana creme pudding mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
Slowly stir in the butter (make sure it is cooled or it will scramble the eggs). Next, add the eggs and water. Blend well with a hand mixer for three minutes. Pour into your pan(s) of choice.
Add the mini vanilla wafers and sliced bananas on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. You may need to cook slightly longer if using a rectangle cake pan.
Banana Pudding Brownies (or Banana Pudding Blondies)
- Cake pan (13×9) or two brownie pans (8×8)
- 1 box yellow cake mix unprepared
- 1/2 cup mini vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 ripe or very ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1-2 yellow bananas sliced
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 box instant banana creme pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cake pan or two brownie pans with non-stick spray.
- Peel and mash the three ripe bananas with a fork and add them to a large mixing bowl with the yellow cake mix, banana creme pudding mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir in the butter (make sure it is cooled or it will scramble the eggs).
- Next add the eggs and water.
- Blend well with a hand mixer for three minutes.
- Pour into your pan(s) of choice.
- Add the mini vanilla wafers and sliced bananas on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. You may need to cook slightly longer if using a rectangle cake pan.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for even more cooking and recipe inspiration.
If you liked these banana pudding brownies, you might also like:
- Secret Ingredient Banana Pudding
- Lorna Doone Banana Pudding
- Coconut Pudding Banana Bread
- Super Easy Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Butterscotch Banana Bread
- Molasses and Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
- No Bake Banana Breeze Pie