I’m sure you’ve seen the famous Dalgona coffee trending on Instagram lately. It’s a fun coffee drink made from instant coffee, milk, ice, and sugar. It’s super easy and honestly, I didn’t know that instant coffee could taste good! Since I enjoyed the Dalgona coffee so much I decided to make a coconut milk version.
This coconut milk whipped coffee is whisked into perfection. You can whisk by hand or by using an attachment on your mixer. I usually whisk by hand since I have two toddlers who are afraid of the noisy mixer!
As for the coconut milk, I want to clarify that I’m using a coconut milk alternative and not the kind you use for cooking that comes in a can. If you scroll to the bottom of the post, you can see a photo that shows exactly which ingredients I used.
I love to make this drink in the afternoons when I need a little extra pep in my step. It’s a really refreshing coffee drink, especially during the spring and summer months. It’s also a really fun drink to make for your friends.
Coconut Milk Whipped Coffee
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 cups coconut milk plus a little extra for mixing
- Begin by adding the instant coffee, sugar, and two tablespoons of coconut milk into a bowl.
- Whisk for about five minutes or until the mixture begins to become foam-like and fluffy in consistency.
- Fill two cups half way with coconut milk and ice.
- Add the whipped coffee mixture on top and serve.
I hope you enjoyed this coconut milk whipped coffee recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!