Do you love to use your slow cooker as much as I do? My slow cooker is definitely one of my favorite appliances. It makes my life as a mom so much easier. Let’s just say I do a lot of cooking in the slow cooker. This slow cooker red Thai chicken curry is an awesome recipe. I love adding this recipe into our dinner rotation because it helps us not get burnt out on crockpot meals. It is a “different” recipe for when you find yourself getting into a recipe rut.
I love using chicken thighs when cooking in my slow cooker. They tend to not dry out as much as other cuts of chicken and are really flavorful. This red Thai chicken curry recipe calls for an entire jar of red Thai curry paste but it is needed. I was a little hesitant to add it all but I quickly realized the dish needed it.
This curry goes perfectly over a bowl of fluffy white rice. So skip the takeout and try out this delicious Thai recipe.
Slow Cooker Red Thai Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (may subsitute brown or raw sugar)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 small jar red thai curry paste (about 5 ounces)
- 1 can sliced bamboo shoots drained
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup carrots thinly sliced or julienned
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Chop the chicken thighs into bite size pieces and add them to your slow cooker.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and carrots.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours and serve over rice.
Need more recipes?
Did you love this slow cooker red Thai chicken curry recipe? Then be sure to check out my other crockpot recipes.