This yellow cake mix corn bread is my absolute favorite way to make corn bread. It is so darn good! My kids love this corn bread too and it is so nice when dinner isn’t a struggle.
Using yellow cake mix is seriously one of my favorite cooking hacks. I also love to use yellow cake mix to make this banana bread and this peach pie coffee cake! It makes cooking so much more easier. If you ever find yellow cake mix on sale at your grocery store, snatch some up! It’s great to keep on hand.
This corn bread is moist, sweet, and fluffy. It is seriously delicious. This recipe makes a lot so it’s the perfect recipe if you’ve got a big family to feed, have guests coming over, or if you need a potluck recipe. It also freezes well if you find it makes too much. Since this cornbread yields so many servings, I do recommend cutting it into squares for freezing so you can just take a few pieces out a time as needed.
Yellow Cake Mix Corn Bread
- 9 x 13 baking pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix (completely ignore the instructions on the box)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 packages corn bread mix (completely ignore the instructions on the package)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 5 medium eggs
- Begin by spraying a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray
- Stir everything well and then mix with a hand mixer for 3 to 4 minutes or until everything is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this yellow cake mix corn bread. My family and I love it! If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!