This decadent double chocolate banana bread with vegetable oil is a chocolate lover’s dream! The pudding mix and oil make it incredibly moist.
I’m a huge banana bread fan and a huge fan of anything bananas in general. I don’t know what’s better than chocolate and banana bread together?
I love using instant pudding mix when making banana bread. I have tried out all kinds of flavors like butterscotch and coconut which are also really good. This decadent double chocolate banana bread comes out so moist and tender thanks to the instant pudding.
This banana bread recipe also freezes well if you want to fill your freezer with a delicious loaf of double chocolate banana bread.
What ingredients does this double chocolate banana bread call for?
This recipe is pretty simple, you’ll need:
- Bananas: You’ll need three large bananas that are any where from spotty to turning black. The darker the banana, the sweeter and more decadent your banana bread will be.
- Cocoa powder: Use a high quality cocoa powder for the best results.
- Chocolate chips: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can also use milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
- Instant chocolate pudding mix: Make sure you get the instant kind and not the cook and serve pudding mix.
- Eggs: You’ll need 3 large eggs for this recipe.
- Vegetable oil: You can also use safflower oil.
- All purpose flour: The base of our banana bread.
- White sugar and brown sugar: To sweeten the banana bread.
- Salt: You’ll need just ½ a teaspoon.
- Baking soda and baking powder: To make the banana bread rise.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is best for baking.
What type of pudding mix is needed?
This recipe calls for chocolate instant pudding mix. Be sure that it is the instant type of pudding and NOT cook and serve type.
What type of pan should I use for this recipe?
For this chocolate banana bread recipe, you’ll need a 9 x 5 inch pan.
Can I use frozen bananas?
I love using frozen bananas in this chocolate banana bread with pudding mix recipe! I love throwing some ripe bananas in my freezer and getting them out later to make banana bread with.
Can I freeze this double chocolate banana bread?
You can absolutely freeze this banana bread recipe. To best freeze this recipe, I suggest wrapping a loaf tightly in aluminum foil or in plastic wrap. This banana bread can be frozen for two to three months. When you’re ready to eat it, let it defrost and then slice it.
Other banana bread recipes:
- Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Buttermilk and Honey Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
Decadent Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix about 3.4 ounces
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 3 large eggs beaten
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your loaf pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and brown sugar. Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, chocolate pudding mix, and mashed bananas.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for about three minutes or until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a large wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour mix into the greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.