Have you heard of strawberry crunch covered strawberries? They are SO good! I’m sure you’ve seen the strawberry crunch crumble topping for cheesecake or cupcakes, but these are slightly healthier since this recipe involves just strawberries and no cake.
We are so lucky because where I live, we have a local strawberry farm, called Atkinson Strawberry Farm. On a recent visit, we picked a ton of strawberries! My kids had a blast picking berries and Atkinson has such delicious strawberries. They picked a ton of strawberries, way more than we needed. There’s just something about fresh veggies and fruit that you pick yourself that makes them taste better.
We had so many strawberries that I was able to make quite a few strawberry crunch strawberries. Just when I thought my kids wouldn’t eat any more strawberries, they ate all of these.
These strawberries remind me of the Good Humor strawberry shortcake popsicles which are so good. Other people may obsess over dreamsicles but give me a strawberry shortcake pop any day.
Strawberry Crunch Covered Strawberries
- 12 strawberries washed and cleaned
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar optional
- 1 container mini golden oreos
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp strawberry jello mix (do not prepare the mix)
- 3 tbsp French vanilla pudding mix (do not prepare the mix)
- If desired, sprinkle your strawberries with powdered sugar for a sweeter treat or if your strawberries aren't perfectly ripe.
- Lightly spray a sheet of wax paper with non-stick spray and then set aside.
- Run your mini golden oreos through a food processor until they are finely crushed.
- Next, soften your butter over low heat until completely melted.
- Add half the crushed oreos to a bowl with the French vanilla pudding mix.
- Slowly mix half of your butter in with the mix.
- Add half of the oreos to a separate bowl with the strawberry jello mix.
- Slowly mix in the remaining butter.
- Dip your strawberries in the vanilla mix and then again in the strawberry mix.
- Repeat until fully coated.
- Set aside on the wax paper and let set.
- Continue until you have dipped all of your strawberries.
- Let them set for 20-30 minutes in the refigerator and then serve.
Another fantastic option for these strawberry crunch covered strawberries is to dip them in white chocolate first and then dip in the mixes. How yummy!
These strawberries are also a really fun Valentine’s Day, birthday, or Mother’s Day treat.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like:
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to make strawberry crunch covered strawberries. I love these strawberries, they are so fun and tasty. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!
If you liked this post, be sure to share the love and pin it!