Mean green queso is a crockpot dip made with white queso and spinach. It’s the perfect dip to go with a tex-mex themed dinner, for tailgating, parties, or if you’re craving a different kind of queso. This is a great recipe for watching a game on TV too.
What’s in this mean green crockpot queso?
This recipe includes queso blanco (such as Velveta brand), spinach, ground beef, taco seasoning, pico de gallo, and fresh spinach.
What goes well with this queso?
Why use your crockpot?
Using your crockpot for this recipe is awesome because your crockpot does all the work for you. Just toss everything in, stir occasionally and you’re good to go. It’s also great because you can use the low or keep warm setting and guests can continue to snack on this dip during your party or big game.
Mean Green Queso in the Crockpot
- 2 lb block queso blanco such as Velveta
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup mild green hot sauce (I used Cholula)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup fresh store bought pico de gallo
- Begin by browning the beef in a skillet and draining the fat.
- Add the packet of taco seasoning to the beef according to the packet's instructions.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Chop the queso blanco into large chunks and add it along with the remaining ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, stir occasionally.
- When the cheese is thoroughly melted switch your slow cooker to a keep warm or low setting.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If you liked this mean green queso recipe, you might also like:
- The BIG List of Crockpot Recipes
- The Best Ever Pulled Pork Crockpot Tacos
- Crockpot Dr. Pepper Beef Tacos
- Easy Creamy Green Dip Recipe
- Crockpot Borracho Beans
- Crockpot Drunken Black Beans
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!