This no boil crockpot mac and cheese is perfect for the holidays or other gatherings when your oven is full.
This no boil crockpot mac and cheese is creamy, cheesy, and delicious. It is also super easy to make in your crockpot or slow cooker! This is a FAST recipe, it only needs to cook for about two hours.
It’s not your traditional toss and go recipe either, but this recipe comes in so handy for potlucks, fellowship meals, or for Christmas and Thanksgiving when your oven is already filled to the brim with other delicious things!
Why make mac and cheese in the crockpot?
I love making mac and cheese in the crockpot during Thanksgiving and Christmas. It seems like with everything cooking I’m always short on oven space. If there’s anything else I can make in the crockpot, it helps to make things go that much smoother. This recipe is also great for potlucks or parties when you need to feed a crowd and keep something warm.
🧀 What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
For this crockpot mac and cheese recipe, you’ll need:
- Elbow macaroni (you can substitute another type of pasta, if that’s what you have on hand)
- Dry mustard
- Black pepper
- Medium cheddar
🍝 You really don’t have to boil the noodles first?
Nope! You can just toss them right in.
⏲️ How long does this recipe need to cook for?
I recommend cooking this recipe on low for about two hours and fifteen minutes. Keep a close eye on it to make sure the macaroni noodles do not become overdone.
🥘 How to make this recipe
Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the macaroni and then cover with milk. Try to make sure that the macaroni is mostly covered by milk.
Add the dry mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir gently. Slice the butter into small slices and add the butter.
Cook on low for 2 hours and 15 minutes, stir the mixture occasionally to help keep the noodles firm about once every hour. You’ll want to keep a close eye on this recipe to make sure it doesn’t become overdone.
Other mac and cheese recipes:
If you tried this No Boil Crockpot Mac and Cheese or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
No Boil Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- 1 box elbow macaroni (16 ounces, uncooked)
- ½ stick butter 4 tablespoons
- 3 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 12 ounces medium cheddar grated (freshly grated if possible)
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the macaroni and then cover with milk.
- Try to make sure that the macaroni is mostly covered by milk.
- Add the dry mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir gently.
- Slice the butter into small slices and add the butter.
- Add the cheese.
- Cook on low for 2 hours and 15 minutes, stir the mixture occasionally to help keep the noodles firm about once every hour.