This delicious raw apple cake recipe is made with fresh apples. It is wonderful any time of the year. This fresh apple cake with no frosting is light and refreshing enough to be paired with a nice cup of coffee or tea. It is also the perfect cake for fall or winter months. This cake isn’t overly sweet or rich but it is still extremely delicious.
Another great thing about this apple cake recipe is that it doesn’t need any frosting. It isn’t an overly complicated recipe and pretty simple to throw together. This also a great way to use up any extra apples you have on hand before they go bad.
If you want an even healthier version of this recipe, I also have this wonderful whole wheat apple cake!
What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- All purpose flour
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Vegetable oil
What kind of apples should I use in this recipe?
For this recipe you’ll want to use red apples. I’ve used a variety of red apples and any kind will do. I usually prefer to use gala or red delicious apples.
What kind of pan is needed for this recipe?
For this recipe you’ll need a 9” x 13” pan.
Raw Apple Cake
- 9 x 13 pan
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 3 small to medium apples peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- Combine the dry ingredients and then add eggs, oil, vanilla, and apples.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for about three minutes. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Bake in a 9” x 13” pan and cook for 40 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!
If you liked this raw apple cake recipe, you might also like:
- Whole Wheat Apple Cake
- Buttermilk and Honey Banana Bread
- Honey Molasses Bread
- Impossibly Easy Apple Pie
- Oatmeal Whoopie Pies