I’m a huge banana bread fan and a huge fan of anything bananas in general. I don’t know what’s better than chocolate and banana bread together? I love using instant pudding mix when making banana bread. I have tried out all kinds of flavors like butterscotch and coconut which are also really good. The great thing about this chocolate banana bread with pudding mix is that it comes out so moist and tender thanks to the instant pudding.
This banana bread makes either a bundt cake or a two loaf pans worth of banana bread so it is a rather big recipe. The nice thing about this chocolate banana bread recipe is that it freezes well or you can make one loaf for yourself and one for a friend! Who doesn’t love receiving a warm loaf of chocolate banana bread?
What type of pudding mix is needed?
This recipe calls for chocolate instant pudding mix. Be sure that it is the instant type of pudding and NOT cook and serve type.
What type of pan should I use for this recipe?
For this chocolate banana bread recipe, you can use a bundt cake pan or you can use two loaf pans.
Can I use frozen bananas?
I love using frozen bananas in this chocolate banana bread with pudding mix recipe! I love throwing some ripe bananas in my freezer and getting them out later to make banana bread with.
Can I freeze this chocolate banana bread?
You can absolutely freeze this banana bread recipe. To best freeze this recipe, I suggest wrapping a loaf tightly in aluminum foil or in plastic wrap. This banana bread can be frozen for two to three months. When you’re ready to eat it, let it defrost and then slice it.
What ingredients does this chocolate banana bread call for?
To make this chocolate banana bread with pudding mix you’ll need:
- High quality cocoa powder
- Chocolate Chips
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Canola oil
- All purpose flour
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
Chocolate banana bread with pudding mix
- Bundt cake pan or two loaf pans
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 1 box isntant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and brown sugar. Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, chocolate pudding mix, and mashed bananas.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a large wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour mix into the greased bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for even more cooking and recipe inspiration.
If you liked this chocolate banana bread with pudding mix recipe, you might also like:
- Coconut Pudding Banana Bread
- Super Easy Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Buttermilk and Honey Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Butterscotch Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Molasses and Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Six Banana Bread
- Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread