This easy cherry cobbler recipe with frozen cherries is great if you’re in the mood for something sweet but you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
I was in the process of cleaning out my freezer, I found a bag of frozen cherries that I had bought to make cherry limeade for my bible study group. They had been buried deep in my freezer and since the study ended, I wasn’t sure what I would do with them. After poking around I found a pre-made piecrust that also needed to be used so I decided to put together the easiest cobbler ever.
What goes well with this cobbler?
I served this cherry cobbler with fresh whipped cream but vanilla ice cream is also a nice touch.
Do I have to use frozen cherries?
Cherries are such a great summertime treat but you don’t have to wait for cherries to be in season by using a bag of frozen cherries. If you have fresh cherries on hand you may also use those. If using fresh cherries, remove the stems and seeds and then slice in half.
What size cobber does this recipe yield?
Since this is a quick and easy recipe, this dish yields a small pie size cobbler.
Easy Cherry Cobbler Recipe with Frozen Cherries
- pie dish
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (1 package should contain two pieces of dough)
- Run warm water over your frozen cherries and then wring out any excess water.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, roll your pie crust out and cut it in half.
- In a saucepan combine the butter, cherries, sugar, lemon, and vanilla over low heat.
- Once the butter begins to soften add a splash of water and set to boil.
- Once the fruit mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer.
- Place the first half of the pie crust in a glass loaf pan (9 x 5), add the fruit filling and then layer the other half of the crust on top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for even more cooking and recipe inspiration.
If you liked this cherry cobbler recipe with frozen cherries, you might also like:
- Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- Blackberry Cake with Yellow Cake Mix
- Impossibly Easy Apple Pie
- Crockpot Peach Cobbler
- Cookie Butter Rice Crispy Treats