Secret ingredient banana pudding is such a great dish for a potluck or if you’re craving some classic comfort food. My mom always made banana pudding growing up when we had extra bananas. I was shocked when my husband told me he had only had banana pudding once in his life! I was on a mission to make my hubby a special treat and so I decided to make this special secret ingredient banana pudding.
Easy, no bake recipe
Something I love about this banana pudding recipe is that it’s not only yummy but it is so easy. This is a no bake recipe and totally easy to make!
Can I make this banana pudding recipe ahead of time?
This recipe is great recipe to make ahead of time. Whether you want to make it the night before or a few hours before, you totally can. If you are worried about the bananas browning brush a tiny amount of lemon juice on them. Note that too much can change the taste so be careful!
So, what’s the secret ingredient in this banana pudding?
Well, it wouldn’t be a secret any more if I told you! Just kidding, the secret ingredient in this recipe isn’t shocking or anything crazy at all. The secret to this amazing banana pudding is a little nutmeg and cinnamon. It seems simple enough but they really do make a huge difference, trust me on this! You have to try it.
Secret Ingredient Banana Pudding
- 5 bananas sliced into thin pieces
- 1 container whipped cream or cool whip
- 1 package cream cheese softened (8 ounces)
- 1/2 box vanilla wafers
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 box French vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Begin by mixing the milk and instant pudding together with a handheld mixer.
- Once the pudding is well mixed then add the softened cream cheese, whipped cream (or cool whip), nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Line a large dish (I used a large 4 quart Pyrex pan) with a layer of vanilla wafers and then a layer of bananas.
- Add the pudding mixture on top and then top with more sliced bananas.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours or until ready to serve.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook.
If you liked this secret ingredient banana pudding recipe, you might also like:
- Lorna Doone Banana Pudding
- Super Easy Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Peach Pie Coffee Cake
- The BIG List of Yellow Cake Mix Recipes & Hacks