This slow cooker ginger and coconut pork loin is absolutely delicious and so easy. This is a toss and go recipe! As a busy mom, I’m all about using my slow cooker. I think it’s the only way any cooking gets done in my house during hectic days.
This slow cooker ginger coconut pork loin tastes amazing with homemade coconut rice. The coconut rice takes a little bit more effort but it’s so good and it’s the perfect combination of savory sweet combined with the pork loin. I also love to make this rice with other Asian fusion recipes, it’s so good. I know I just said it, but I’m going to say it again, you have to make this rice.
I love serving this recipe to my picky toddler, he loves the meat in this recipe for some reason. He’s very picky about his meat too! The carrots and butternut squash also add an easy but tasty mix of vegetables.
Slow Cooker Ginger & Coconut Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker
- 1 boneless pork loin (about two pounds)
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 can coconut water with pulp (about 16 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen butternut squash diced
- ½ cup carrots chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place about half the onion and half of the butternut squash in your slow cooker.
- Add your pork loin then add the remaining onion, butternut squash, as well as the carrots.
- Add the ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
- Add the coconut water with pulp and add about ¼ cup of water if needed to cover the meat and vegetables.
- Stir gently.
- Cook on low for 6 hours and serve over coconut rice with toasted coconut flakes.
For the coconut rice:
- 1 cup jasmine rice rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 can light coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (can sub whtie sugar, if desired)
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
- In a skillet, add the oil and toast the coconut flakes for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat or until lightly browned.
- In a medium pot, add the rice (be sure to rinse and drain it for the best possible flavor), rice vinegar, coconut milk, sugar, salt and a one cup of water.
- Bring the pot to a boil and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and then let it simmer for about twenty minutes.
- When rice is cooled top with the toasted coconut.
If you loved this recipe, then be sure to check out my other slow cooker recipes.