This crockpot pork loin with white wine tastes absolutely gourmet but all you need to do is throw everything in your crockpot. Whether you need a quick an easy dinner for your family or have dinner guests to impress this recipe is fantastic. You’ll feel like this is takeout from a restaurant rather than just an easy crockpot recipe.
If you haven’t noticed yet, I absolutely LOVE using my slow cooker. As a mom of two very small children, sometimes it’s the only way to ensure that a hot dinner will be ready that evening. I also like to cook something like a roast, pork loin, or chili every week to ensure there will be leftovers for two or three days and so I’m not always on kitchen duty. I love this pork loin recipe because it really does taste like you spent so much more time on this recipe. I know sometimes pork can be a little boring (I think it gets a bad wrap as the other white meat, sometimes). This recipe is definitely not boring!
I remember when I first made this recipe. My husband had been out of a town on a business trip and I was at home with two under two. He was super impressed with dinner that night and couldn’t believe that I had just tossed everything in the crockpot and whipped up some mashed potatoes.
What kind of wine should I use?
I used sauvignon blanc in this recipe but any dry white wine will do. I would recommend you stay away from sweeter wines for this recipe.
Pork loin VS pork tenderloin
This recipe calls for a pork loin which is different from a pork tenderloin. Pork tenderloin is just that it is a tender piece of meat. Pork tenderloin is a small, thin and boneless cut of meat that is best for quick cooking. This recipe calls for a pork loin which while has a similar name is a different cut of meat. Pork loin is more of a roast type cut. Pork loin is fantastic when slow cooked and therefore makes a wonderful piece of meat to cook in your crockpot.
What sides go with this recipe?
I love to serve this recipe over mashed potatoes and with hot buttered rolls.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
To make this crockpot pork loin, you will need:
- Pork loin (see difference between pork loin and pork tenderloin above)
- Dried thyme
- Yellow onion
- Baby carrots
- White wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- Fresh mushrooms
- Chicken stock
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
If you don’t have any fresh mushrooms on hand you can substitute canned mushrooms.
Crockpot Pork Loin with White Wine
- Crockpot (slow cooker)
- 1 pork loin (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 paprika
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ½ cup white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray and add the pork loin. Add the thyme, salt and pepper, garlic, and paprika to the meat.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients. If your pork loin is not fully submerged in liquid, add more chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Need more ideas for your slow cooker? Join our Slow Cooker and Crockpot Recipe group on Facebook for more slow cooker and crockpot inspiration.
If you liked this crockpot pork loin with white wine recipe, you might also like:
- The Big List of Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Coq Au Vin (French Chicken Stew)
- Crockpot Chicken Chasseur
- Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Slow Cooker Savory Tomato Pot Roast