Pesto Pasta Chicken with Pinenuts
A delicious way to use basil from your garden or just a new recipe using chicken breast.
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus some for drizzling
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or more to taste
- pasta of your choice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
For the chicken
Drizzle an oven safe pan with olive oil and add the chicken breasts.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken and then add Italian salad dressing on top.
Bake the chicken at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
Cook the pasta according to the directions on package and add a small amount of olive oil after draining.
For the pesto
For the pesto, combine the basil, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, sea salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend well adding more olive oil if necessary.