Vegetarian crockpot coconut curry
This vegetarian crockpot coconut curry is a fun and hearty vegetarian meal made in your crockpot.
Servings 6 people
- 1 cup fresh coconut desiccated pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 jalepeno or seranno pepper seeded If you like your curry spicy, feel free to add more. If you don't want any spice feel free to leave out.
- 2 small red potatoes
- 2 bananas mashed with a fork use green or just turned yellow bananas, do not use ripe bananas
- 1 bag frozen green beans 12 ounces
- ½ cup plain yogurt Substitute plain coconut yogurt to make this recipe vegan
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp curry powder I recommend using Madras curry powder if you can find it.
- Salt to taste
Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray along with the two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Wash the potatoes and carrots and then cut them into small bite size pieces.
Next, add the vegetables to your slow cooker a long with the mashed bananas.
Mince the pepper (serrano or jalepeno) and add it a long with the remaining ingredients except for the frozen green beans and stir well.
Cook on low for six to eight hours or high on four hours.
During the last 30 to 45 minutes add the frozen green beans. Be careful not to add the green beans until the end or they will turn into mush.
Serve with naan bread and/or basmati rice.