Copycat Wendy's Chili in the Crockpot
Wendy's copycat chili is so filling and comforting. Best of all it can easily be made in your crockpot or slow cooker!
Servings 6 people
- 1 lb ground beef I used 85/15
- 1 stalk celery stems and end removed
- 1 large white onion
- 1 can stewed tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (such as Rotel) 10 ounces
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 can kidney beans about 15 ounces
- 1 can pinto beans about 15 ounces
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese
- diced onion
In a large skillet, brown and then drain the fat off of your ground beef. Set aside.
Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray.
Finely dice your white onion and celery.
Run your stewed tomatoes through a food processor until they are no longer whole.
Open your beans and rinse and drain them.
Combine all of your ingredients in your crockpot and stir well.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.