This yellow cake breakfast bake is the perfect combination of oatmeal, cake, and fruit. It’s amazing to start your day with something warm and delicious. The consistency of this breakfast bake is more custardy than cake-like. The yellow cake mix also makes it a super easy recipe.
I feel like you really can’t go wrong with this yellow cake breakfast bake recipe. It is perfect any time of year. You can use fresh or frozen berries with this recipe. I have tried it with blackberries, raspberries, and dewberries but I think it would also be good with blueberries as well.
Again, this recipe is kind of gooey and reminds me a little bit of dump cakes which are typically pie filling and yellow cake mix baked together. This recipe goes a step further than that by adding oatmeal and delicious peaches (not pie filling) and blackberries.
You can serve this breakfast bake as is or you can also serve it alongside bacon or sausage. Extra fruit or eggs on the side would also make it an extra hearty and filling breakfast.
Using yellow cake mix is seriously one of my favorite cooking hacks. I also love to use yellow cake mix to make this banana bread and this peach pie coffee cake! It makes cooking so much more easier. If you ever find yellow cake mix on sale at your grocery store, snatch some up! It’s great to keep on hand and there are a lot of amazing things you can make with it.
Yellow Cake Mix Breakfast Bake
- 2 cans sliced peaches drained
- 1 cup raspberries, blackberries, or dewberries
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 cups milk
- 2.5 cups oatmeal quick cooking oats
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Next, rinse your berries and sprinkling the powdered sugar on them and then set them aside.
- In a pot on the stovetop, combine the oatmeal and milk and cook for about ten minutes. Be sure to stir to prevent the oatmeal from burning or sticking.
- After the oatmeal is done cooking, set it aside and let it cool.
- Next, take a 10 x 12 inch baking dish and spray it with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the sliced peaches evenly onto the dish.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, oatmeal, butter, and cake mix. Mix very well.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the peaches and even it out with a spatula.
- Scatter your berries on top of the mixture.
- Cook for 40 to 45 minutes or until firm in the middle.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!
If you liked this recipe, you might also like:
- Yellow Cake Mix Corn Bread
- Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Easy Peach Pie Cake with Yellow Cake Mix
- Impossibly Easy Apple Pie
- Buttermilk and Honey Banana Bread