Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
This crockpot chicken cacciatore is such a tasty recipe. Let your slow cooker do all the work with this recipe. Leftovers also freeze wonderfully!
- 1 lb cubed chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 jars chunky vegetable tomato sauce
- 1 zucchini chopped into small pieces
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 can can of mushrooms (about 4 ounces) drained
- 1 tbsp Italian blend seasoning
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Begin by spraying your crockpot with non-stick spray.
Next, add the chicken (you can use cubed breast or thighs) and olive oil.
Add the garlic, zucchini, red onion, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomato sauce.
Next, add the Italian blend seasoning and salt and pepper.
Cook on low for six to eight hours or on high for four hours.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve over linguini or spaghetti noodles and top with Parmesan cheese.
To freeze for later
To freeze the sauce, add two heaping tablespoons of tomato paste and mix well.
Let cool and then freeze flat in a freezer safe container or freezer bag.
To serve from frozen, defrost and heat on a stove top or heat in the microwave in a microwave safe dish.