This old fashioned ham salad is a great way to use up leftover holiday ham. It goes great on sandwiches or crackers!
This ham salad is perfect for holiday leftovers. It’s also great if you just want some old fashioned comfort food. This recipe is also quick and easy, you should be able to make in about five minutes!
⭐ Why you’ll love this recipe
This ham salad is a great way to repurpose your leftovers. It also makes a quick and easy lunch!
🥘 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Diced cooked ham: You can use your leftover ham from the holidays or even canned ham works.
- Mayonnaise: I used Hellmann’s.
- Diced celery: I used two small stalks, you’ll need about ¼ cup.
- Sweet relish: I think the combination of sweet relish and ham go really well together.
You’ll also need a food processor or you can chop everything by hand.
🥣 How to make
This recipe is super simple to make. Begin by chopping or running your ham through a food processor.
Next, chop or run your celery through a food processor.
Combine the ham, celery, sweet relish, and mayonnaise together.
🥪 What to serve with this recipe
This ham salad goes great on crackers or sandwiches. It’s also great for a quick and easy lunch. I personally love it on whole wheat bread or with buttery crackers.
- Try adding two diced boiled eggs.
- Try adding a little black pepper to this recipe.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store this recipe in an airtight container in your fridge. It will be good for up to four days.
Other old fashioned recipes:
If you tried this Old Fashioned Ham Salad or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Old Fashioned Ham Salad
- Food processor (or you can also chop everything by hand)
- 2 ½ cups chopped ham
- ½ cup mayonnaise I used Hellmann's
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- Combine all ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Serve on a sandwich or with crackers.