These brownies in an 8×8 pan are the perfect small batch dessert to make. They are a fudgy brownie and are loaded with delicious chocolate flavor.
I feel like brownies are an underrated dessert. They are so easy to make and these 8×8 pan brownies are just the right amount if you’re not feeding a big crew. They are chocolaty, fudgy, and also are a no fuss recipe.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
These brownies are quick and easy to make. They are a rich, fudgy, and chocolaty brownie.
🍫 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter so you can control the salt content in the batter.
- Cocoa powder: Use a high quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Sugar and light brown sugar
- Eggs: You will need three large eggs for this recipe.
- Vanilla: I always recommend pure vanilla extract for baking.
You can add chopped walnuts or pecans to these brownies, if desired. Try adding about ½ of a cup.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your 8×8 pan and set aside.
Melt your butter, either on the stove top or on low in your microwave (image 1).
Whisk the cocoa powder in with the butter and set aside to cool (image 2).
Add remaining ingredients and mix with a hand mixer, scraping the sides occasionally (image 3).
Pour the batter into the greased pan and smooth with a spatula (image 4). Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are dry and browned.
- Use a metal or ceramic pan. Glass pans are not the best for baking brownies. I used a dark metal pan for mine.
- Let your butter cool slightly before mixing everything together. If it hasn’t cooled it could scramble your eggs.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover brownies at room temperature either covered or in an airtight container. They will be good for up to four days after making.
📋 Recipe FAQs
You can cut them into 9 big slices or 16 smaller slices. Try running the knife under water then drying it slightly to help cut them evenly. Let them cool completely before cutting.
You can do any where from 9 to 16 slices from an 8×8 pan.
Use a metal pan for brownies so they will be cooked evenly.
Other great dessert recipes:
If you tried these 8×8 Pan Brownies or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Brownies in an 8×8 Pan
- 8×8 pan metal or ceramic, not glass
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (12 tablespoons)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your 8×8 pan and set aside.
- Melt your butter (either on the stove top or on low in your microwave).
- Whisk the cocoa powder in with the butter and set aside to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with a hand mixer, scraping the sides occasionally.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and smooth with a spatula. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are dry and browned.