Carrabba’s beef brasato is an amazing Italian stew recipe made with a full bodied ride wine. I actually love to use my crockpot for this Carrabba’s Copycat Beef Brasato recipe it makes it so much easier. Simmering this Italian stew all day also makes your home smell absolutely amazing.
I love making this Italian stew serving it for a fancy dinner or cooking this on a Sunday afternoon for a wonderful Sunday night dinner with plenty of leftovers for the week. I usually serve this delicious dish over parmesan orzo with a loaf of Italian country bread and olive oil dipping sauce.
This Carrabba’s beef brasato is such an amazing dish. It is so nice to have a restaurant style meal at home sometimes. By the way, brasato simply means braised in Italian.
Carrabba’s Copycat Beef Brasato
- Slow Cooker
- 1 small beef rump roast
- 1 cup full bodied red wine I always use a cabernet sauvignon
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the diced onions and olive oil to your slow cooker.
- ext, trim any excess fat from the rump roast and then rub with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, rosemary, and basil.
- Add the rump roast in with the onions then add red wine, chicken broth, bay leaf, tomatoes, and carrots.
- Cook on low in your slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the rump roast from the stew and slice before serving.
- Discard the bay leaf and serve with over parmesan orzo or garlic mashed potatoes.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!