This chicken apple sausage sheet pan dinner is such an easy recipe for a busy weeknight. It is so easy to throw together and clean up is a breeze!
I am a huge fan of sheet pan meals. As a busy mom, they’re my go-to for getting a healthy meal on the table for dinner. Some of my family’s favorites are these sheet pan chicken drumsticks and potatoes and sheet pan lemon chicken with brussels sprouts.
This chicken apple sausage sheet pan dinner is a staple in my meal planning. It is loaded with healthy vegetables and best of all, it is so quick and easy to make. My kids really like the apple chicken sausage too!
⭐ Why you’ll love this recipe
This is such an easy recipe to put together for a weeknight dinner. It is loaded with healthy vegetables and also, clean up is a breeze too!
🍗 Ingredients needed
For this sheet pan recipe, you will need:
- Apple chicken sausage: I used the Aidells brand.
- Grape tomatoes: You can also use cherry tomatoes.
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper: Or you can substitute yellow or orange bell pepper.
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning: To season everything with.
🔪 Equipment needed
You will need a large sheet pan and small bowl to mix the spices in.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
Dice the red onion, halve the grape tomatoes, chop your zucchini into small pieces, and cut your bell pepper into strips. Add the vegetables to your sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil (image 1).
In a small bowl mix your spices together then sprinkle it over your vegetables (image 2).
Cut your apple chicken sausage into small pieces and add to the sheet pan (image 3).
Bake for 20 minutes.
You can easily swap the type of sausage out in this recipe. Kielbasa also goes great in place of the apple chicken sausage.
You can also swap the veggies out for any others that you might have on hand.
- Use parchment paper (not wax paper) for an even easier clean up.
📋How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Store in your fridge. Leftovers will be good for 3 to 4 days after making.
Other sheet pan recipes:
If you tried this Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- small bowl to mix the spices in
- large sheet pan
- 1 pack apple sausage chicken about 12 ounces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper orange or yellow may also be substituted
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- garlic salt to taste (I did about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice the red onion, halve the grape tomatoes, chop your zucchini into small pieces, and cut your bell pepper into strips.
- Add the vegetables to your sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix your spices together then sprinkle it over your vegetables.
- Cut your apple chicken sausage into small pieces and add to the sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.