This dill pickle ranch recipe is such a fun twist on the classic ranch recipe! It goes great with fresh cut veggies and chips. It is sure to be a hit at your next party or potluck.
It’s no secret that my family loves ranch. With two kids, I’m always trying to find ways to sneak more veggies in like this veggie loaded chili. Another way I can get my kids to eat veggies is of course, ranch.
Some of our favorite ranch recipes are this copycat Outback ranch and this copycat Popeye’s blackened ranch. I try to make a batch of ranch fairly often so we can eat it with fresh cut veggies. This dill pickle ranch was a big hit with my kids.
🥗 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Mayonnaise: I like using Duke’s mayonnaise in my ranch recipes. I’ve found it helps give the ranch a restaurant style taste.
- Sour cream: To thicken up the ranch.
- Buttermilk: I prefer using store bought but if you don’t have any buttermilk on hand, you can also make your own. Combine one tablespoon of lemon juice to one cup of milk.
- Dill pickles and juice: You will need two tablespoons of finely diced dill pickles and three tablespoons of pickle juice.
- Dried parsley, dried dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper: The seasonings for the ranch.
You will need a medium bowl and a whisk.
⏲️ Recipe instructions
In a large bowl, first combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk. Stir them together well.
Add in the spices, dill pickle juice, and diced pickles. Stir well.
Let the ranch sit in your refrigerator for one hour before serving.
- Be sure to let this ranch sit in your fridge for at least one hour. If you try it right away, it doesn’t taste like much. It takes time for both the ranch and pickle flavor to come through.
- Be sure to add either some sliced or diced pickle pieces to your ranch to give it more pickle flavor.
🧾 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover ranch in an airtight container in your fridge. It will be good for three days after making.
Other dip and ranch recipes:
Dill Pickle Ranch
- Medium bowl
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 pinch salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely diced pickles
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- In a large bowl, first combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk. Stir them together well.
- Add in the spices, dill pickle juice, and diced pickles. Stir well.
- Let the ranch sit in your refrigerator for one hour before serving.