I’m sure you’ve seen the famous Dalgona coffee trend on Instagram. If you missed it, Dalgona coffee or whipped coffee is a fun coffee drink made from instant coffee, milk, ice, and sugar. It’s super easy and honestly, I didn’t know that instant coffee could taste good! Since I enjoyed the Dalgona coffee so much I decided to make a coconut milk version.
I love to make this drink in the afternoons when I need a little extra pep in my step. It’s a really refreshing coffee drink, especially during the spring and summer months. It’s also a really fun drink to make for your friends.
What equipment do I need to make this recipe?
This coconut milk whipped coffee is whisked into perfection. You can whisk by hand or by using an attachment on your mixer. I usually whisk by hand since I have two toddlers who are afraid of the noisy mixer!
What ingredients do I need to make coconut milk whipped coffee?
For this recipe, you will need:
- Instant coffee: I think dark roast is best when making whipped coffee, but feel free to use what you like or have on hand.
- Coconut milk: For the coconut milk, I want to clarify that I’m using a coconut milk alternative and not the kind you use for cooking that comes in a can.
- Sugar: You can use white sugar or you can also use turbinado sugar.
Coconut Milk Whipped Coffee
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups coconut milk plus a little extra for mixing
- Begin by adding the instant coffee, sugar, and two tablespoons of coconut milk into a bowl.
- Whisk for about five minutes or until the mixture begins to become foam-like and fluffy in consistency.
- Fill two cups half way with coconut milk and ice.
- Add the whipped coffee mixture on top and serve.
Definitely bookmarking it, to come back later! I have to try this!
Definitely wanna try this!
Forever My Little Moon
I love coffee and this looks great! We’re trying to use less dairy so love the coconut milk option!
LOVE THIS!! I was born allergic to milk so this this is a GREAT alternative with the almond milk!
Two Pink Peonies
Yay, I’m so glad you found this recipe helpful!!
This looks YUMMY! I will be trying this over the holidays!
Looks great! Can’t wait to try it!