If you love the brown sugar glazed baby carrots from Bob Evans then you’ll love this copycat recipe!
The glazed carrots at Bob Evans are just so good. They are such a wonderful side dish for a busy weeknight since they can be made in under 30 minutes. My kids love when I make glazed carrots and I think these copycat ones are pretty close to the real deal at Bob Evans.
These carrots are also delicious enough for holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas! They would go great with turkey and stuffing. Plus, they are very easy to make which is such a bonus when doing holiday cooking.
What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
For this recipe, you will need:
- Baby carrots: About 1 pound. You can also use regular carrots that you have cut into pieces.
- Brown sugar: Dark brown sugar is best.
- Salt: You’ll need just ¼ teaspoon.
- Butter: Unsalted butter or leave the salt out above if all you have is salted.
- Water: To simmer the carrots.
Tips for this recipe
- You can easily double this recipe if you are making it for a crowd.
- You can also throw these carrots in your crockpot or slow cooker, if desired. Cook on high for 2-3 hours (or until tender).
Other Bob Evans copycat recipes:
Copycat Bob Evans Carrots
- Cooking pot
- 1 bag baby carrots about 1 lb
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- In a large or medium cooking pot, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the carrots, salt, brown sugar, water, and white sugar. Stir well.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
Salt is mentioned in the instructions but not in the list of ingredients. How much salt?
Two Pink Peonies
1/4 teaspoon or you can do salt to taste.