If you love the macaroni and cheese at Bob Evans then you’ll love this easy copycat recipe! This copycat Bob Evans mac and cheese is creamy, mild, and delicious.
My daughter loves the mac and cheese at Bob Evans. We can even buy a tub of it at our local grocery store in the refrigerated section. Their mac and cheese is very mild which is why I think she likes it so much.
As a mom of two toddlers, I’m all about family friendly and easy recipes. My daughter (who is my youngest) can seriously put away some macaroni and cheese so I’ve been recreating some of her restaurant favorites at home.
What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
For this recipe, you will need:
- Elbow macaroni: You’ll need four cups of cooked macaroni.
- Shredded cheddar: I used a medium cheddar. Mild or medium cheddar both work. Also, shredding your own is so much better if you have time.
- Velveeta: Or any other processed cheese.
- Paprika and dry mustard: To season the macaroni and cheese. Although Bob Evans mac and cheese is very mild, there is some seasoning.
- Milk: I used whole milk in this recipe.
- Salt and pepper: I recommend doing salt and pepper to taste.
What to serve with this recipe
Macaroni and cheese is always a good idea! This is a great side dish for a Crockpot Whole Chicken with Brown Sugar and Garlic. Another great idea is serving this with a Copycat Bob Evans Pot Roast!
It also goes great with:
- Grilled chicken
Tips for this recipe
- Cut your Velveeta into small chunks to ensure that your macaroni and cheese roux cooks evenly.
- Try buying a block of cheddar and grating it yourself, it tastes so much better!
- This recipe can be halved, if desired.
If you enjoyed this copycat recipe, you might also like:
- Copycat Bob Evans Carrots
- Copycat Bob Evans Banana Bread
- Copycat Rudy’s Creamed Corn (Crockpot Recipe)
- Copycat McAlister’s Chili
Copycat Bob Evans Mac and Cheese
- cooking pot (large)
- pasta strainer
- 4 cups elbow macaroni cooked
- ½ cup shredded cheddar mild or medium
- 16 ounces Velveeta
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the box and then drain.
- Chop your Velveeta into small pieces.
- Spray a large or medium size cooking pot with non-stick spray and then add the Velveeta, shredded cheese, and milk.
- Cook on low until it is evenly melted.
- Add the paprika, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Stir in the pasta and serve.