These copycat PF Changs banana spring rolls are so easy to recreate at home. Top them with caramel sauce and serve them with a scoop of coconut pineapple ice cream!
The banana spring rolls at PF Changs are seriously to die for. They’re served with coconut pineapple ice cream and covered in a delicious caramel sauce.
I kept this copycat recipe easy peasy. It calls for premade wonton wrappers and bottled caramel sauce. I was able to find coconut pineapple ice cream at my local grocery store but if you can’t find any vanilla works too.
What ingredients do I need to make these banana spring rolls?
To make these copycat PF Changs banana spring rolls, you will need:
- Bananas: You’ll need four bananas. Any where from yellow to a little spotty will work. You don’t want super ripe or green bananas.
- Brown sugar: I used light brown sugar.
- Caramel sauce: I used Torani.
- Wonton wrappers or spring roll wrappers: Where I live I can normally find these close to the produce. You can also grab some from your local Asian grocery store.
- Oil for frying
- Ice cream for serving: The original recipe is served with pineapple coconut ice cream but vanilla also works well.
- Fruit: Serving these spring rolls with fresh cut berries and extra sliced bananas makes this dish extra special.
Tips for making this recipe
- Don’t skip the caramel sauce, it really ups the flavor in this recipe.
- Spotty bananas are best for this recipe. If you use bananas that are too ripe the spring rolls will be mushy. If you use bananas that have just turned yellow the spring rolls will not be as sweet.
- Don’t overthink it and just wrap them like you would a burrito!
Other copycat recipes:
Copycat PF Changs Banana Spring Rolls
- Frying pan
- 4 bananas a little spotty is best
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 16 wonton or spring roll wrappers
- oil for frying
- caramel sauce
- fruit such as berries or extra sliced bananas optional
- ice cream optional
- Heat your oil in a large skillet or pot until it is about 350 degrees.
- Pour your brown sugar into a large bowl.
- Peel each banana and gently run a butter knife over the outside of them to remove any extra strings.
- Slice each banana in half and then cut each half lengthwise.
- Roll the bananas in the brown sugar.
- Wrap each piece of banana in the wonton or spring roll wrapper like a burrito.
- Fry until golden brown and set over paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve with caramel sauce, fresh berries, and ice cream, if desired.