There is no shame in my game. I absolutely love cooking hacks and these pancake mix donuts are no exception. Warm, sugary sweet, and fried to golden perfection these pancake mix donuts are absolutely delicious. They’re also a cinch to make, who knew that they were so easy?
These donuts are super easy to make and best of all you only need three ingredients to make them. I love making these for a special treat for my kids, with a big batch of sesame chicken, or for breakfast when we want donuts but don’t want to make a donut run.
Are these pancake mix donuts like regular donuts?
These donuts are very similar to the donuts you would find at a Chinese restaurant or Asian food buffet. When I was in college, we had a really popular Chinese buffet by my university. I would frequent there with my best friend. I would pile my plate full and I would always over indulge in the donuts. They were just so good. These pancake mix donuts are very similar. They are fried perfectly golden and then topped with sugar.
What ingredients do I need to make these pancake mix donuts?
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it is so easy to make. You only really need three ingredients. To make these donuts, you will need:
- Vegetable oil: for frying.
- Baking mix (such as Bisquick): to make the dough for the donuts.
- Milk: I used 1% milk but almost any will do. I’ve also made this recipe before with almond milk without any problems.
- Sugar: For dusting the donuts with.
What equipment do I need for this recipe?
For this recipe, you will also need paper towels for draining any excess cooking oil as well as a large pot for frying.
Do I need a special pan to make this recipe?
For this recipe, you don’t need a special pan. These donuts are golf ball size and more like donuts you would get at a Chinese buffet.
How many donuts does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 10 donuts that are a little smaller than a golf ball. You can easily double the recipe or half the recipe, if needed. Note that the oil amount will stay the same as it is for frying.
How do I make donuts out of pancake mix?
To make these donuts, first find and then measure out of all your ingredients. You will need:
- 3 cups of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 cup of milk
Add the baking mix and milk together in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with a large spoon until the dough is no longer lumpy. Roll into balls (a little smaller and flatter than a golf ball) and fry in a pan of oil on medium heat. Flip if needed. Fry until golden brown. Set on paper towels to soak up excess oil and then sprinkle with sugar while still hot.
Pancake Mix Donuts
- Large pot for frying
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 3 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 cup milk I used 1% but whole milk or almond milk will also work
- Add the baking mix and milk together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a large spoon until the dough is no longer lumpy.
- Roll the dough into balls (a little smaller and flatter than a golf ball) and fry in a pan of oil on medium heat. Flip if needed. Fry until golden brown.
- Set on paper towels to soak up excess oil and then sprinkle with sugar while still hot.