This yellow cake mix banana bread is the easiest way to make banana bread. You’ll love this light and fluffy banana bread recipe!
This yellow cake mix banana bread is incredibly easy to make and is presented so beautifully when baked in a bundt cake pan. You can make this banana bread in one bundt pan or two regular size loaf pans.
⭐ Why you’ll love this recipe
This banana bread is so easy to make! It is a simple, one bowl recipe. By using a bundt cake pan your banana bread will turn out extra moist.
🍌 Ingredients needed
To make this banana bread, you’ll need:
- Bananas: Any where from spotty to almost black will work. The darker the banana is, the sweeter your banana bread will be.
- Boxed yellow cake mix: Mine was about 15 ounces. Ignore the directions on the box.
- Eggs: You’ll need three large eggs.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is best for this recipe.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: To give the banana bread a little spice.
- Vanilla extract: I always recommend pure vanilla extract for baking.
- Water: You’ll need just ⅓ cup water.
You can add nuts like walnuts or pecans into this banana bread to make it banana nut bread. Chocolate chips are also a nice add in! Try adding ½ of a cup.
💭 What type of pan should I use for this recipe?
For this yellow cake mix banana bread recipe, you can use a bundt cake pan or you can use two loaf pans.
⏲️ How to make this recipe (step by step guide)
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, blend the bananas, eggs, butter, vanilla extract. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cake mix slowly. Add the ⅓ cup of water and blend well with a hand mixer for 3-4 minutes (image 1).
Pour into a bundt cake pan (image 2). Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is golden.
🧊 Can I freeze this banana bread?
Yes, you can! Since this recipe makes either a bundt cake pan or two loaf pans of banana bread you can freeze any leftovers. To freeze, tightly wrap your banana bread tightly in plastic cling wrap or aluminum foil and then freeze for up to three months. Using a double layer of wrap or foil will help to preserve the bread in the freezer.
👩🏻🍳 Tips for this recipe
- Use darker bananas. The riper the banana, the sweeter your banana bread will be.
- Use your mixer to mash your bananas and keep this an easy, one bowl recipe.
- I highly recommend using a bundt cake pan. The bundt shape helps the banana bread become extra moist.
Other cake mix recipes:
If you tried this Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Bundt cake pan or two loaf pans (8 x 4 inch) greased well
- 3 ripe bananas see note
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (ignore the directions on the box)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup water
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the bananas, eggs, butter, vanilla extract. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cake mix slowly.
- Add the ⅓ cup of water and blend well with a hand mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Bake in a greased bundt cake pan for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is golden. A toothpick should come out clean from the middle.