This yellow cake mix banana bread is the easiest way to make banana bread. You’ll love this light and fluffy banana bread recipe!
This yellow cake mix banana bread is incredibly easy to make and is presented so beautifully when baked in a bundt cake pan. You can make this banana bread in one bundt pan or two regular size loaf pans. Don’t you love using cake mixes as a cooking hack? If you haven’t tried it yet, you need to! I love trying out any and every type of cooking hack out there.
I love making this recipe for friends and neighbors! I always get a ton of compliments on this banana bread recipe. Instead of making cookies this past year for Christmas, I made my neighbors this banana bread recipe. I cut the bread into thick slices and it looked great since I used the bundt cake pan. Bundt cake pans always make everything look that much more fancy.
This recipe freezes really well since it comes out very moist. I also love making this banana bread on Sunday nights so my family has a delicious breakfast to start their week with.
Can I use frozen bananas for this recipe?
I love using frozen bananas in this yellow cake mix banana bread recipe. I love peeling and tossing some ripe bananas in my freezer and getting them out later to make banana bread with.
If I use fresh bananas how brown should they be?
You can use slightly ripe and spotty bananas or almost black bananas as well as any bananas in between in this recipe. The riper the banana, the sweeter they will be.
What type of pan should I use for this recipe?
For this yellow cake mix banana bread recipe, you can use a bundt cake pan or you can use two loaf pans.
Can I freeze this banana bread?
Yes, you can! Since this recipe makes either a bundt cake pan or two loaf pans of banana bread you can freeze any leftovers. To freeze, tightly wrap your banana bread tightly in plastic cling wrap or aluminum foil and then freeze for up to three months. Using a double layer of wrap or foil will help to preserve the bread in the freezer.
What ingredients do I need to make this banana bread?
To make this banana bread, you’ll need:
- Bananas: Any where from spotty to almost black will work. The darker the banana is, the sweeter your banana bread will be.
- Boxed yellow cake mix: Mine was about 15 ounces. Ignore the directions on the box.
- Eggs: You’ll need three large eggs.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is best for this recipe.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: To give the banana bread a little spice.
- Vanilla extract: I always recommend pure vanilla extract for baking.
- Water: You’ll need just ⅓ cup water.
Tips for this recipe
- Use darker bananas. The riper the banana, the sweeter your banana bread will be.
- Mash your bananas with a fork before adding them so your bread won’t be lumpy.
- I highly recommend using a bundt cake pan. The bundt shape helps the banana bread become extra moist.
Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Bundt cake pan or two loaf pans
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (ignore the directions on the box)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup water
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the bananas, eggs, butter, vanilla extract.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cake mix slowly.
- Add the ⅓ cup of water and blend well with a hand mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Bake in a bundt cake pan for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is golden.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. I love a good banana bread recipe! If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!
If you liked this yellow cake mix banana bread, you might also like:
- Butterscotch Banana Bread
- Coconut Pudding Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
- Banana Pudding Brownies
Do you have any cooking hacks for using a boxed cake mix? If so, I’d love to hear about them in the comments section below! Happy baking, everyone!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to save it for later with Pinterest!