This turkey ribbon craft is so much fun. It is an easy Thanksgiving craft to do with kids.
Affiliates Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service. There is no extra cost to you.
This turkey craft with ribbon uses common craft supplies that you probably already have. It is so easy to make with an empty toilet paper tube or paper towel tube. My kids also love this turkey craft with printable feathers and this super cute turkey craft template if you need even more Thanksgiving activity ideas.
Anyone else have a bag of random toilet paper and paper towel tubes? I knew my bag of hoarded toilet paper and paper towel tubes would come in handy one day! This turkey ribbon craft is easy to make and super festive.
For this turkey craft with ribbon, you will need:
- Empty toilet paper tube or paper towel tube (cut in half)
- Orange and red markers: Or you can use crayons.
- Ribbons: You can use any scrap ribbon you have or streamers also work.
- Eye stickers or googly eyes: You can also draw on eyes.
- Painter’s tape or masking tape: Instead of using fabric glue or hot glue, I opted for painter’s tape. You can swap out the tape for glue, if you want. I used the tape because I was doing this craft with the kids in my neighborhood who vary in age.
- Construction paper: Cut into feathers.
I was able to get most of our supplies from Amazon.
How to make (step by step guide)
Add the eyes and beak to the your tube (image 1). Again, we used sticker eyes because it was easier for little hands to add them.
Next, using a hole puncher punch two holes towards the top. Hook a pipe cleaner cut in half through (image 2).
Use painter’s tape or masking tape to tape the ribbons in place (image 3). You can also use fabric or hot glue, if desired. I was doing this craft with a lot of kids in different age groups so the tape worked better.
Tape the feathers on the back (image 4). Again, you can use glue if you want.
How to hang up your craft
I used clear fishing wire to hang up our turkeys when we were done. I used painter’s tape to tape them from our ceiling. My kids thought they were super cool!