This bread machine whole wheat bread with molasses is so good! Your house will smell amazing while this bread cooks and this whole wheat bread is so nutritious too. This whole wheat bread is a recipe I like to make in my bread maker but I will also include instructions to make the bread by hand in case you don’t have one but want to try this recipe out.
This recipe yields a medium loaf and it should come out not too soft but not too dense either. I like to serve with bread with a hearty stew or soup. It’s also good with butter and jam.
Why cook with whole wheat flour?
I personally love cooking with whole wheat flour since I know it is more nutritious than all purpose flour. Whole wheat flour can add a delicious nutty flavor to breads and baked goods as well.
I really love cooking with molasses. I was surprised to hear that even though molasses tastes very sweet that it has a low sugar content. Molasses is also loaded with tons of vitamins and minerals.
According to Healthy Body Healthy Mind, molasses can also help achieve a balanced mental state and is a natural remedy to anemia since it is very high in iron. I’m a big fan of molasses and love to try out recipes that include it as an ingredient.
Why use a bread machine?
I feel like bread machines were crazy popular in the 90s and then their luster kind of died down. I personally LOVE using my bread machine. I make a lot of things in my crockpot and
No bread machine?
Don’t worry! This is a great recipe to throw in your bread maker but don’t worry you can still easily make this bread without a bread maker with a little extra work.
Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread with Molasses
- Bread machine (manual method instructions also included below)
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses (may substitute honey)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 packet yeast
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
Bread machine method
- Grease your pan inside your breadmaker.
- Combine all the ingredients into your bread machine and bake on a medium loaf setting.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix well with dough hook.
- Knead the dough for about ten minutes and then leave it to rise for about about thirty minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!
If you liked this bread machine whole wheat bread with molasses recipe, you might also like:
- Molasses and Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Six Banana Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Apple Cake
- Molasses Honey Bread