I love, love, love freezer meals. They make dinner time so much easier. These freezer friendly turkey meatballs are fantastic to keep on hand. They are tasty, kid friendly, and are good for a variety of meals.
I also really love to make these meatballs for any new moms. It is a great thing they can stash in their freezers for a quick meal like pasta or meatball subs. Freezer meals can be such a blessing when you have a newborn and are running on no sleep!
What can I make with these turkey meatballs?
The possibilities are endless. There are a lot of great things you can make with these meatballs including easy weeknight meatball subs, baked spaghetti squash with meatballs, pasta with tomato sauce, or throw them in the crockpot with grape jelly and barbecue sauce.
I think these are really great staple to have on hand for busy weeknights.
Do I have to freeze them?
You don’t have to freeze these if you’re ready to eat them now. Just go ahead and cook them and serve them.
How do I freeze them?
To freeze these meatballs let them cool and place them in a freezer safe ziplock bag with as much air let out as possible. They are good for three to four months in the freezer.
Freezer Friendly Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs I like to use seasoned breadrumbs for extra flavor
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium white onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees and then add all the ingredients to a large bowl and then combine them together well by mixing with your hands.
- Form the mixture into approximately 1.5” sized balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
To cook from frozen
- These meatballs can be frozen and then reheated when you need them, simply put them on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated thoroughly.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes and cooking inspiration, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!
If you liked these freezer friendly turkey meatballs, you might also like:
- The BIG List of Crockpot Recipes
- Freezer Friendly Beef Enchiladas
- Freezer Friendly Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- Freezer Friendly Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs
- Baked Sweet Potatoes with Turkey Meatballs