This apple cake with raisins is such a wonderful bundt cake. This recipe uses fresh apples and is super easy to bake. It’s the perfect easy fall dessert and a great recipe to use up any extra apples you may have on hand.
I love baking with apples. They add so much sweetness to baked goods. This apple cake uses diced fresh apples, raisins, and lots of yummy spices. It’s great with a hot cup of coffee or tea and it’s also a very family friendly recipe. My kids love this cake!
Ingredients needed for this cake
This recipe uses very simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make this apple cake with raisins:
- All purpose flour: You’ll need 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking soda: To help the cake rise.
- White sugar and brown sugar: For some sweetness.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: These spices add a lot of flavor to the cake
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is best for baking.
- Oil: I used vegetable oil but you can also use canola oil or melted coconut oil.
- Raisins: I love the raisins in this cake but you can also use chopped dates or leave them out if you’re not a fan.
- Apples: The star of this recipe. I used three medium red apples. Any red or golden variety will do. You’ll definitely want to peel and core your apples before dicing them.
- Milk: I used regular 2% milk but you can also use almond milk.
- Eggs: You’ll need just two medium eggs for this cake.
- Powdered sugar: You can dust some powdered sugar on top of this cake for an extra wow factor, if desired. Personally, I love this cake as is.
What kind of pan is needed to make this cake?
I love using a bundt cake pan to make this recipe. I think it helps to keep the cake very moist and it looks great. If you don’t have a bundt cake pan, you can also use two loaf pans. If using two loaf pans, the cook time will still remain the same.
How to make this apple cake with raisins
To make this apple cake recipe, first you’ll need to gather and measure out your ingredients. Next, add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, spices, and baking soda) to a large bowl and then mix well with a large spoon. Next, slowly add in your wet ingredients. Mix well with a hand mixer. Stir in your raisins and diced apples with a large spoon.
Pour your dough into a greased bundt cake pan (you can also use two loaf pans if you don’t have a bundt cake pan). The dough may seem thick but it will loosen as the apples release moisture while baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean from the middle.
You can serve this apple cake as is (its best when it’s warm out of the oven) or you dust the cake with powdered sugar on top.
How to store this apple cake with raisins
Store this apple cake at room temperature in an airtight container. It will be good for up to three days after baking.
- Use red or golden apples for your cake.
- The batter will be very thick but this is normal.
- Stir in the raisins and apples by hand last.
- Not a raisin fan? Try using chopped dates instead.
Apple Cake with Raisins
- Bundt cake pan
- Hand mixer
- 3 medium red or golden apples peeled, cored and diced
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins or dates
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, spices, and baking soda) to a large mixing bowl and then mix well with a large spoon.
- Next, slowly add in your wet ingredients. Mix well with a hand mixer.
- Stir in your raisins and diced apples with a large spoon.
- Pour your dough into a greased bundt cake pan. The dough may seem thick but it will loosen as the apples release moisture while baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean from the middle.
- You can serve this apple cake as is (its best when it’s warm out of the oven) or you dust the cake with powdered sugar on top.