These balsamic Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish for a regular dinner but also special enough for holiday dinners too!
Looking to get more veggies in or looking for an easy side dish? Then these balsamic Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts are a dish you have to try. They’re easy and great for a weeknight dinner side.
Even if it’s been awhile since you’ve had brussel sprouts or you think you don’t like them, I’d still encourage you to try this recipe. They taste absolutely gourmet but are very easy to make.
Where did this recipe come from?
Years and years ago, before I was a mom, I would meet my cousin (who is very hip and cool) at a trendy restaurant for lunch. We would always order their balsamic Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts which were actually on their appetizer list.
We ALWAYS got their brussels sprouts no matter what because they were that good. It took me several tries but I finally got a recipe that was close to the one at the trendy Houston restaurant.
A great side dish for Thanksgiving
These balsamic Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts are also an amazing and super easy side dish to add to your next Thanksgiving or holiday meal.
This recipe is great because you can also slice and store the brussels sprouts the day before and then add everything together before baking to help with the prep time.
What ingredients are needed for balsamic Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts?
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Brussels sprouts: You’ll need about one pound of brussels sprouts. You can save time by buying the pre-sliced ones.
- Minced garlic: You’ll need about two tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Parmesan cheese: If you’re a cheese lover, feel free to add a little more!
- Olive oil: I recommend using extra virgin olive oil.
- Balsamic vinegar: A little goes a long way, be careful not to use too much.
- Salt and pepper: I recommend doing salt and pepper to taste.
Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Casserole dish
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is preheating wash and slice the brussels sprouts length wise.
- Give the brussels sprouts a generous drizzle of olive oil before placing in an oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese before adding the balsamic vinegar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes in a greased casserole dish.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for even more cooking and recipe inspiration.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
- Roasted Acorn Squash and Pancetta Salad
- Cheesy Butternut Squash Casserole
- Totally Easy Carrot Souffle
- Classic Pasta Salad Recipe
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to save it for later on Pinterest!