This blueberry pie baked oatmeal is a lot like a blueberry crumb pie but made with wholesome oats. The combination of tart blueberries and sweet crumble topping is scrumptious.
This blueberry pie baked oatmeal is such a warm and delicious breakfast or brunch option. It’s also an easy, no fuss recipe. You can also prep it the night before, if needed.
The crumb topping on this blueberry baked oatmeal takes it to the next level of yum. With wholesome oats, juicy blueberries, and a delicious crumble topping you really can’t go wrong.
Your house will smell absolutely amazing while this blueberry pie baked oatmeal bakes. This recipe went fast at my house! Both my husband and my kids loved it. It was gone by the next day.
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
To make this blueberry pie baked oatmeal, you will need:
- Oatmeal: You can use quick cooking or rolled oats.
- White sugar and light brown sugar: To sweeten the oatmeal.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is best for baking.
- Egg: You’ll need one large egg for this recipe.
- Baking powder: You’ll need one teaspoon of baking powder for this recipe.
- Salt: Just ¼ teaspoon is needed.
- Milk: You can use regular milk or unsweetened almond milk.
- Blueberries: Fresh or frozen both work.
- Butter, flour, and additional sugar: For the crumb topping.
What type of pan do I need for this recipe?
To make this baked oatmeal you will need a deep dish pie pan. If you don’t have a deep dish pie pan, you can also use an 8 inch round cake pan.
Can I prep this recipe the night before?
You can absolutely prep this baked oatmeal the night before. You can leave the oatmeal in your fridge overnight and then make and add the crumble topping before baking.
Blueberry Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Deep dish pie pan (or 8 x 8 baking dish)
For the baked oatmeal
- 2 cups oatmeal (quick or rolled)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk you can substitute unsweetened almond milk, if needed
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
For the crumble topping
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the 5 tablespoons of butter, ⅓ cup of flour, and ⅓ cup sugar. Use either a pastry cutter or a fork to combine all the ingredients. The crumble topping should resemble pea like crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oatmeal, baking powder, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Stir well with a large spoon. Next, add in your wet ingredients. Stir until everything is well mixed and then transfer to a greased deep dish pie pan. Top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. After, use your broil setting for about one minute to brown the crumble topping.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to share it or save it for later with Pinterest!