There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of oatmeal on a cool morning. This strawberries and cream baked oatmeal is such a healthy and delicious breakfast.
I love this recipe for strawberries and cream baked oatmeal. Do you know those little packets of instant oatmeal? I used eat those all the time before school as a kid and I remember always being excited when I got the strawberries and cream packet. This baked oatmeal recipe is so much better than those little packets, you’ll be hooked!
While this recipe is called strawberries and cream baked oatmeal there’s actually not any cream but instead milk. For this recipe you can easily substitute your favorite milk. Whether you prefer regular milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or almond milk this recipe will be just as good. I have even used oat milk and oatmeal before and it was actually quite good!
Why I love this recipe
Not only is this recipe easy, it’s also freezer friendly! That’s right you can freeze it. I’ll share instructions on how to make this freezer meal below.
Another reason why I love this recipe is that it can be tailored to fit all types of dietary needs. As I mentioned above you can substitute a milk of your choosing and you can also use a gluten free version of oats to make this recipe gluten free.
What ingredients are needed to make this recipe?
To make this strawberry baked oatmeal, you will need:
- Quick cooking oats: The base of the baked oatmeal.
- Brown sugar: To sweeten the oatmeal a little.
- Milk: This is a very versatile recipe in regards to milk. You can use regular milk, coconut, almond, or soy milk.
- Eggs: You’ll need two large eggs or you can also use flax eggs.
- Baking powder and baking soda: To give the baked oatmeal some rise.
- Salt: You’ll need just ½ a teaspoon of salt.
- Vanilla extract: If possible, I recommend using pure vanilla extract.
- Fresh strawberries: You’ll need 1 ½ cups of fresh strawberries for this recipe.
- Honey (for serving): I love drizzling some honey on top of this oatmeal right after I take it out of the oven. It is so good!
Do I have to use strawberries?
If you don’t have any strawberries, you can also use blueberries, peaches, or blackberries in this recipe.
How to make this recipe
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8 x 8 pan or deep dish pie pan with non-stick spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the strawberries.
Mix well and then carefully stir in the chopped strawberries.
Spread into the 8 x 8 pan or deep dish pie pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
Serve with honey or extra milk, if desired.
Is this oatmeal freezer friendly?
You can absolutely prepare this recipe without baking it, let it defrost and then bake it. Freeze it in an aluminum pan or freezer safe casserole dish with a lid, plastic wrap, or foil. Be sure to seal it tightly if you’re using plastic wrap or foil. Let it thaw in your refrigerator and then bake for 30 to 35 minutes (allow a little extra baking time since it will cold).
Can I prep this recipe the night before?
This recipe is perfect for prepping the night before. You can mix it and leave it in your fridge overnight to bake the next morning.
Other oatmeal recipes:
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Chai Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars
Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal
- 8 x 8 pan or deep dish pie pan
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (use gluten free oats to make this recipe gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar heaping
- 1 ½ cups milk (coconut, almond, or soy all work fine as well)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries chopped
- honey for serving
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8 x 8 pan or deep dish pie pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the strawberries.
- Mix well and then carefully stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Spread into the 8 x 8 pan or deep dish pie pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Serve with honey or extra milk, if desired.
- If you wish to freeze this baked oatmeal prepare it as mentioned above until step #4.
- Freeze this oatmeal in an aluminum pan or freezer safe casserole dish with a lid, plastic wrap, or foil.
- Be sure to seal it tightly if you're using plastic wrap or foil. Let it thaw in your refrigerator and then bake for 30 to 35 minutes (allow a little extra baking time since it will cold).