This crockpot bruschetta chicken is so easy to make. It is perfect over pasta or with a side of garlic bread!
As a busy mom of two, I am all about crockpot meals, sheet pan meals, and just easy recipes in general. My family loved this crockpot bruschetta chicken and I loved how easy it was to make!
With less than 10 minutes prep time, you can have a delicious dinner cooking in almost no time at all.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Chicken thighs (or chicken breast): For this recipe, I recommend using chicken thighs because they don’t dry out after being cooked in the crockpot. You can also use chicken breast if that’s what you have on hand.
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar: For drizzling over the chicken.
- Red onion: You will need one small red onion, sliced.
- Canned tomatoes with spices: You’ll need one can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, about 14.5 ounces.
- Italian spices, garlic, salt, and pepper: To season the chicken with.
- Fresh basil, mozzarella, Parmesan, and tomato: To top the chicken with before serving.
What to serve with this recipe
This bruschetta chicken goes great over pasta, risotto, toasted garlic bread, or an arugula salad.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge. Leftovers will be good for 3 to 4 days after making.
How to make this recipe
Spray your crockpot or slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Add the sliced onions and minced garlic, then place the chicken on top. Next, sprinkle the salt, pepper, and Italian spices over the chicken.
Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top with the canned tomatoes with their juices.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Top with mozzarella, Parmesan, diced tomatoes, and diced basil.
You might also like these other chicken crockpot recipes:
- Crockpot Sweet Hawaiian Chicken
- Crockpot Lemon and Garlic Whole Chicken
- Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Crockpot Bruschetta Chicken
- Crockpot or slow cooker
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs may also sub 3 large chicken breast
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian spice blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic about 14.5 ounces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or to taste
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- 1 large tomato diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Spray your crockpot or slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the sliced onions and minced garlic, then place the chicken on top. Next, sprinkle the salt, pepper, and Italian spices over the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top with the canned tomatoes with their juices.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Top with mozzarella, Parmesan, diced tomatoes, and diced basil.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar, if desired.
- Serve over pasta or with freshly toasted bread.