Need a slow cooker recipe for chicken breasts? This recipe for crockpot cilantro lime chicken tacos is super easy to make. Let your slow cooker do all the work on your next taco night with this super easy crockpot recipe. These pulled chicken tacos are a no fuss, toss and go recipe. They’re a family favorite and are kid approved. These pulled chicken tacos are also a great way to mix up your Taco Tuesdays.
These chicken tacos are seriously so easy to make. I made these quite frequently when I was in throes of two under two (meaning two children under the age of two). I’m a huge fan of easy crockpot recipes. While I still use my crockpot fairly frequently, I think the only way I got dinner on the table during the two under two chaos was because of my crockpot! They’re seriously easy peasy. You don’t need to do much besides toss everything in and then shred the chicken later. I think the hardest part about this recipe is getting all the fixings together. These tacos go great with avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, diced onion, and even a little salsa.
What goes good with these crockpot chicken tacos?
What toppings are good with these tacos?
I love serving these tacos with a little salsa, sour cream, diced avocado, lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, diced onion, and sour cream. They’re perfect in a warm and fluffy flour tortilla or if you prefer corn tortillas you can use those as well! Pick your favorite toppings and load them up. If you’re a fan of queso, they’re even better smothered with cheese dip on top.
What ingredients are needed to make this recipe?
Check your pantry or start writing your grocery list because if you want to make these crockpot cilantro lime chicken tacos, you will need:
- Chicken breast: The star of this recipe.
- Diced tomatoes with green chiles: You don’t want to drain the can. Most diced tomatoes with green chiles come in mild, medium, or hot which allows you to control the heat level in this recipe.
- Fresh cilantro: I recommend using fresh cilantro if you can but you can use what you have on hand if necessary.
- Lime juice: If you can use fresh lime juice do it, but bottled will also work if that’s what you have on hand.
- Taco seasoning: Pick your favorite brand.
- Chicken broth: I recommend using low sodium chicken broth since taco seasoning usually has extra sodium already.
- Tortillas for serving: I prefer flour tortillas with this recipe but you can also use corn tortillas. You can even skip the tortillas and do burrito bowls or nachos with this recipe!
How to make this recipe
To make this recipe, begin by gathering and measuring out all of your ingredients. You will need:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles (do not drain)
- 1 bunch of finely chopped cilantro, cleaned with stems removed
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray and add the chicken breasts, cilantro, and taco seasoning. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks and serve over flour or corn tortillas with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onion, avocado, and salsa.
Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot (slow cooker)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles do not drain
- 1 bunch cilantro (cleaned with stems removed) finely chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or stock
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray and add the chicken breasts, cilantro, and taco seasoning.
- Add the chicken broth and canned tomatoes with chiles (do not drain). Stir well and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and serve over flour tortillas with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onion, avocado, and salsa.
If you liked these crockpot cilantro lime chicken tacos, you might also like:
- The Big List of Crockpot Recipes
- Easy Crockpot Chipotle Chicken Thighs
- Freezer Friendly Chicken Cacciatore
- Crockpot Dr. Pepper Beef Tacos