These crockpot cilantro lime chicken tacos are so easy to make. They’re an easy toss and go crockpot recipe. These easy tacos are perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Let your crockpot do all the work on your next taco night with this super easy crockpot recipe. These pulled chicken tacos are a no fuss, toss and go recipe. They’re a family favorite and are kid approved. These pulled chicken tacos are also a great way to mix up your Taco Tuesdays.
These chicken tacos are seriously so easy to make. I made these quite frequently when my kids were really young and there wasn’t a lot of time to cook. I’m a huge fan of easy crockpot recipes. While I still use my crockpot fairly frequently, I think the only way I got dinner on the table during the two under two chaos was because of my crockpot!
This recipe is seriously so easy. You don’t need to do much besides toss everything in and then shred the chicken later. I think the hardest part about this recipe is getting all the fixings together.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
This recipe is an easy toss and go crockpot recipe. It is the perfect crockpot recipe for a busy weeknight dinner!
🌮 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Chicken breast: The star of this recipe. You’ll need three large boneless and skinless chicken breasts.
- Salsa: You’ll need one jar of your favorite salsa (about 16 ounces).
- Fresh cilantro: I recommend using fresh cilantro if you can but you can use what you have on hand if necessary.
- Lime juice: If you can use fresh lime juice do it, but bottled will also work if that’s what you have on hand. You’ll need two large limes. Or about ¼ cup if you are using bottled.
- Taco seasoning: Pick your favorite brand. I recommend using low sodium if you are sensitive to salt.
- Tortillas for serving: I prefer flour tortillas with this recipe but you can also use corn tortillas. You can even skip the tortillas and do burrito bowls or nachos with this recipe!
👩🏻🍳 How to make this recipe
Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray and add the chicken breasts, taco seasoning, cilantro, and salsa. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Shred the chicken using two forks and serve over flour or corn tortillas with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onion, avocado, and salsa.
🥑 What sides go with this recipe?
I love to serve these with a side of guacamole (our favorite is this guacamole without onions recipe) as well as Borracho beans or crockpot black beans.
🥄 What toppings are good with these tacos?
I love serving these tacos with a little salsa, sour cream, diced avocado, lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, diced onion, and sour cream. They’re perfect in a warm and fluffy flour tortilla or if you prefer corn tortillas you can use those as well!
Pick your favorite toppings and load them up. If you’re a fan of queso, they’re even better smothered with cheese dip on top.
📋 Recipe FAQs
Try cooking your chicken on low for 6 to 8 hours instead of on high for 4 hours. The longer you cook it, the easier it will be to shred.
Of course! You can absolutely cook raw meat in the crockpot.
There is no need to brown the chicken before you put it in your slow cooker.
Other chicken crockpot recipes:
If you tried this Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot (slow cooker)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa about 16 ounces
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (cleaned with stems removed) finely chopped
- 2 large limes about ¼ cup if using bottled lime juice
- 1 packet taco seasoning use low sodium if you are sodium sensitive
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray and add the chicken breasts, taco seasoning, cilantro, and salsa.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and serve over flour tortillas with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onion, avocado, and salsa.
Yum! I love the flavors of cilantro and lime together! What a great idea!
Amy Liu Dong
This is so delicious. Such a perfect dish to make for tonight’s dinner.
Love the flavors in this!
Slow cooker is the best for this kind of chicken dishes
I love the flavor of this chicken!
Great taco recipe!
This looks so delicious and comforting!
These tacos are so yummy!
delicious chicken taco recipe! So making this tonight!
This recipe looks so good, can’t wait to try it.
Cilantro, lime , chicken that is an awesome combo. I love all the three ingredients. I will surely try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!!
Oh I’m all about a delicious and easy recipe. I’m definitely saving this and making it for the family