This sweet Hawaiian crockpot chicken is a super easy toss and go recipe. It goes great over rice with a side of steamed vegetables!
Sweet Hawaiian crockpot chicken is like a combination of sweet and sour chicken and brown sugar chicken. It is definitely sweet and a little bit tangy. This is an awesome toss and go crockpot recipe! It is so low prep, just measure out a few things and slice the bell pepper, that’s it.
I think making this recipe with chicken thighs in best. I find that chicken thighs stay moist in the crockpot whereas chicken breast can dry out. You can absolutely substitute chicken breast in this recipe, but for the best results I recommend using chicken thighs.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Chicken thighs: You’ll need 4 to 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs. You can also substitute chicken breast.
- Soy sauce: I recommend using low sodium soy sauce since regular can be quite salty.
- Pineapple slices: You’ll want to use a can that has been packed in pineapple juice.
- Brown sugar: To sweeten the chicken thighs.
- Orange marmalade: This gives this dish such a wonderful flavor.
- Bell pepper: I used a red bell pepper, but you can use your favorite flavor. The brighter colors (red, orange, and yellow) are usually sweeter.
What to serve with this dish
These sweet Hawaiian chicken thighs go great over white or brown rice with a side of freshly steamed veggies. You could also serve over cauliflower rice if you are watching your carb intake.
How to make
Full printable recipe below.
To make this recipe, begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray. Next, add in the chicken thighs and sliced bell pepper.
Add the orange marmalade, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pineapple slices with their juice. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
- Crockpot or slow cooker
- 4 to 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs may substitute chicken breast, if desired
- 1 red bell pepper sliced with membranes and seeds removed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce I recommend low sodium soy sauce
- 1 can pineapple slices in pineapple juice about 20 ounces, do not drain
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- To make this recipe, begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray. Next, add in the chicken thighs and sliced bell pepper.
- Add the orange marmalade, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pineapple slices with their juice. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
If you liked this crockpot recipe, you might also like:
Don’t forget to share this recipe or save it for later with Pinterest!