A homemade pie is such a good comfort food to make. I love this recipe for impossibly easy apple pie, because it really is so easy! Don’t hate on the store bought crust because no one can tell and it makes baking this pie that much easier. People never believe me when they ask me how I make this pie. They don’t believe it’s that easy.
This impossibly easy apple pie is the perfect recipe for when you want some classic comfort food or for your next holiday gathering. I love to make it for both Thanksgiving and Christmas when I’m doing lots of baking. It’s a great end to a big holiday meal with friends and family.
I made this dish recently when my sweet neighbor brought over a ton of extra apples from their son-in-law’s restaurant. If you need another great recipe to use up extra apples, check out my apple cake recipe.
You can serve this apple pie as is or you can top it with vanilla ice cream. Either way, it’s delicious!
I used a deep dish pie pan for this recipe since I used closer to 2 1/2 pounds of apples. You can use a regular pie dish, but you may want to place it on a cookie tray while baking to avoid spillage.
Impossibly Easy Apple Pie
- 1 box refrigerated pie dough (one box should contain two pie crusts)
- 2-2.5 lbs red apples
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Begin by setting your pie dough out so it becomes easier to handle.
- Wash, peel and, core your apples.
- Slice your apples into bite size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl mix the apples, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Unroll and lay your first sheet of dough into a pie dish.
- Pour the apple mixture over the dough.
- Add the second sheet of dough on top and tuck it.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. I love good old fashioned comfort food! If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!