This honey molasses bread recipe is specifically for your bread machine but if you don’t have one you can still knead the dough by hand, let it rise, and bake it. I’ll include instructions for both methods below.
What does this honey molasses bread go with?
Although it has molasses and honey, it’s not a sweet bread like banana or zucchini bread. It is really similar to the bread served at steakhouses and has more of a mild sweetness. I love to make it with this Outback copycat Alice Springs chicken recipe. This bread goes well with butter, jam, or is great as a side for a hearty dinner.
Do I have to use a bread machine?
There really is something magical about fresh baked bread. It fills your entire home with a heavenly smell and this is especially true for this honey molasses bread. This is my absolute favorite recipe to make with my bread maker but don’t fear, if you don’t have a bread maker you can make this bread by hand and let it rise. I’ll include instructions for both ways below.
I really love cooking with molasses. My mom has actually always been a huge fan of molasses. I was surprised to hear that even though molasses tastes very sweet that it has a low sugar content. Molasses is also loaded with tons of vitamins and minerals. According to Healthy Body Healthy Mind, molasses can also help achieve a balanced mental state and is a natural remedy to anemia since it is very high in iron. How cool is that? All the more reason to include molasses in your cooking and baking!
Honey Molasses Bread
- Bread machine (optional)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
Instructions to make bread with a bread machine
- To make with your bread maker, combine all the ingredients in the order listed.
- Use your bread maker’s standard settings to prepare the bread.
Instructions to make bread by hand
- If you want to make the bread without a bread machine, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dough with a mixer that has a bread hook in the order listed above.
- Knead by hand for about ten minutes.
- Cover the dough with a dish towel and let it rise for about an hour in a quiet and dark place.
- Place the dough in a greased loaf pan and bake 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes (until the crust is browned).
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook.
If you liked this honey molasses bread recipe, you might also like:
- Molasses and Honey Banana Bread
- Cuban Dinner Bread
- Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- Dewberry Breakfast Bake
- Copycat Outback Alice Springs Chicken