This sweet and creamy Amish fruit salad is perfect for a holiday dessert table or to bring to a potluck.
I am a huge fan of Amish recipes. I love that they are simple recipes that are family friendly. I love making this Amish fruit salad for Thanksgiving. It is such a refreshing dessert after a big meal.
I adapted this recipe from an Amish cookbook and cut it down quite a bit (it still makes a big dish of fruit salad). You can easily swap the fruit out for what you have on hand too. This recipe calls for sour cream but don’t worry, it isn’t overpowering and it is mixed with brown sugar to sweeten it up.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Peach pie filling: You will need one can of peach pie filling (about 21 ounces).
- Sour cream: Don’t fear the sour cream in this recipe. It is mixed with the brown sugar so it is sweet with a little tang.
- Brown sugar: To sweeten the fruit salad.
- Strawberries, blackberries, grapes, and pineapple: Or you can swap the fruit out for what you have on hand. Blueberries, bananas, and apples go nicely in this fruit salad too. Just use what you have on hand, you’ll want about 5 or 6 cups of fruit total.
Mix together the sour cream and brown sugar.
Next, add the fruit to the bowl with the peach pie filling. Stir in the brown sugar and sour cream mixture.
- Try adding some mini marshmallows in.
- Add a handful or two of toasted walnuts or pecans on top.
- If swapping any of the fruit for apples, I recommend peeling them.
- Use a few tart fruits (like berries) since the peach pie filling is quite sweet.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge. This Amish fruit salad will be good for up to four days after making.
Other Amish recipes:
Amish Fruit Salad
- large bowl
- 1 can peach pie filling about 21 ounces
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound strawberries halved with stems removed
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup pineapple pieces
- 6 ounces blackberries
- Mix together the sour cream and brown sugar.
- Next, add the fruit to the bowl with the peach pie filling. Stir in the brown sugar and sour cream mixture.