Butterscotch and bananas are such a lovely combination in this decadent butterscotch banana bread. This banana bread stays extra moist by using a packet of instant pudding and a bundt cake pan (although there’s a loaf pan option too)!
This butterscotch banana bread really is the ultimate butterscotch banana bread recipe. It calls for both butterscotch pudding mix and butterscotch chips to ensure that there’s a ton of delicious butterscotch flavor.
This is a great way to use up your overripe bananas. My family LOVES banana bread. Some of our other favorite banana bread recipes are this Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread and this banana bread in an 8×8 pan.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
This recipe uses both butterscotch chip and instant butterscotch pudding mix which gives this banana bread the ultimate butterscotch flavor. By using a bundt pan (you can also use two loaf pans) this banana bread stays extra moist.
This recipe is also a one bowl recipe which makes it both easy to make and easy to clean up!
🍌 Ingredients needed
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Bananas: You’ll need three ripe bananas for this recipe. You can also use frozen bananas, if that’s what you have on hand. The more ripe your bananas are the sweeter your banana bread will be.
- Instant butterscotch pudding mix: You’ll want to make sure that you get instant pudding mix. If you can’t find butterscotch, French vanilla is also very good in this banana bread.
- Eggs: You’ll need three large eggs for this recipe.
- Canola oil: You can also substitute safflower oil.
- All purpose flour: The base of our banana bread.
- White sugar and brown sugar: To sweeten our banana bread.
- Baking soda and baking powder: To make our bread rise.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is best for baking.
- Milk: Regular milk or almond milk both work.
- Butterscotch chips: The butterscotch chips really take this banana bread to the next level of delicious!
🥣 What type of pan do I need for this recipe?
For this recipe, you’ll either need two loaf pans (8 x 4 inch) or one bundt cake pan. I love making banana bread in a bundt cake pan because not only does it make for one beautiful loaf of banana bread but it also helps the bread stay moist.
⏲️ How to make this recipe (step by step guide)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt cake pan (or two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans) and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl add your bananas and mash them with your hand or stand mixer (image 1).
Combine the remaining ingredients except for the butterscotch chips. Mix until everything is well combined and the batter is smooth (image 2).
Stir in the butterscotch chips with a large wooden spoon or spatula (image 3).
Pour mix into the greased bundt cake pan (image 4) and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe Tips
- You can use two loaf pans but by using a bundt pan your banana bread will come out extra moist.
- If you can’t find butterscotch pudding mix, you can use French vanilla. Be sure to use the instant type and not the cook and serve type.
📖 Recipe FAQs
The batter was over mixed. Mix until everything is combined but do not over mix.
Wrap in plastic storage wrap or place in an airtight container and leave at room temperature. This banana bread will be good for up to four days after baking.
A toothpick will come out clean from the middle of the banana bread.
Yes, you can freeze this quick bread. I recommend wrapping it in a double layer of aluminum foil before freezing. It will stay good in your freezer for three months.
Other banana bread recipes:
If you tried this Butterscotch Banana Bread or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Butterscotch Banana Bread
- Bundt cake pan (you can also use two 8 x 4 pans if needed).
- 3 ripe bananas (about 1 ½ cups of mashed bananas)
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding mix (about 3.5 ounces) unprepared
- 3 large eggs beaten
- ⅔ cup canola oil or safflower oil
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk (may sub almond milk or water)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt cake pan (or two loaf pans) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add your bananas and mash them with your hand or stand mixer.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except for the butterscotch chips.
- Mix until everything is well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips with a large spoon or spatula.
- Pour mix into the greased bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Let the banana bread cool before carefully removing it from the bundt pan.