Butterscotch and banana? YES! This banana bread with butterscotch chips is an amazing combination of flavors. The butterscotch pudding mix in this recipe also makes this a very moist banana bread.
This butterscotch banana bread really is the ultimate butterscotch banana bread recipe. It calls for both butterscotch pudding mix and butterscotch chips. This is a very sweet and decadent banana bread.
I seriously never get tired of banana bread. With two toddlers, it seems like bananas either all get eaten or they’re left to turn brown. When they turn brown I either freeze them for smoothies or make banana bread. This butterscotch banana bread has been a favorite and I often get requests to make it from my friends and family.
What ingredients do I need to make this butterscotch banana pudding?
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Bananas: You’ll need three ripe bananas for this recipe. You can also use frozen bananas, if that’s what you have on hand. The more ripe your bananas are the sweeter your banana bread will be.
- Instant butterscotch pudding mix: You’ll want to make sure that you get instant pudding mix. If you can’t find butterscotch, French vanilla is also very good in banana bread.
- Eggs: You’ll need three large eggs for this recipe.
- Canola oil: You can also substitute safflower oil.
- All purpose flour: The base of our banana bread.
- White sugar and brown sugar: To sweeten our banana bread.
- Baking soda and baking powder: To make our bread rise.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is best for baking.
- Milk: Regular milk or almond milk both work.
- Salt: Just a teaspoon is enough.
- Butterscotch chips: The butterscotch chips really take this banana bread to the next level of delicious!
What type of pudding mix to get?
For this recipe you’ll need a box of instant butterscotch pudding mix. Be sure that it is the instant kind and the type you need to cook.
What type of pan do I need for this recipe?
For this recipe, you’ll either need two loaf pans (8 x 4 inch) or one bundt cake pan. I love making banana bread in a bundt cake pan because not only does it make for one beautiful loaf of banana bread but it also helps the bread stay moist.
Do I have to use butterscotch chips in this banana bread?
I love using butterscotch chips in this recipe but white chocolate chips work too. This recipe is pretty versatile so try it with your favorites.
Can I use frozen bananas to make this recipe?
I absolutely love to peel and toss browning bananas into my freezer. You can totally use frozen bananas to make this recipe if that’s what you have on hand.
How to make this recipe
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt cake pan (or two loaf pans) and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and brown sugar. Stir well.
Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, pudding mix, milk, and mashed bananas.
Mix well with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes or until the batter is smooth. Stir in the butterscotch chips with a large wooden spoon or spatula.
Pour mix into the greased bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
Other banana bread recipes:
- Coconut Pudding Banana Bread
- Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Buttermilk and Honey Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Molasses Banana Bread
Butterscotch Banana Bread
- Bundt cake pan (you can also use two 8 x 4 pans if needed).
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding mix (about 3.5 ounces) unprepared
- 3 large eggs beaten
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk (may sub almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt cake pan (or two loaf pans) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and brown sugar. Stir well.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, pudding mix, milk, and mashed bananas.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for about 2-3 minutes or until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips with a large spoon or spatula.
- Pour mix into the greased bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.