This copycat Starbucks banana bread is so easy to replicate at home. It goes great with a hot cup of coffee or tea!
Are you a Starbucks banana bread fan? I know I am. I’m a huge banana bread fan in general. I feel like their banana bread is extra special and it always goes so great with their hot coffees. This copycat Starbucks banana bread recipe is really close and super easy to make.
I’m a huge Starbucks fan. I’m lucky that there’s one in walking distance of my house! But with the summer heat and two toddlers we don’t always make it. Plus, with two kids they always want their own piece of banana bread or a cake pop and it adds up quickly. We love Starbucks but it is definitely a once in awhile treat for us. Trust me, this momma would love a big cup of coffee every day!
I know that I have been missing all my favorites lately. Luckily, there’s no need to make a Starbucks run when you can make a copycat loaf of their banana bread at home. It tastes very, very close to theirs. It comes out very moist and isn’t difficult to make at all. Plus, banana bread is one of my favorite things to bake because it makes your house smell amazing when it comes out of the oven.
What do I need to make this copycat Starbucks banana bread?
To make this banana bread you’ll need:
- Loaf pan
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Vegetable oil
What type of bananas should I use?
For this recipe, you’ll need three ripe or extra ripe bananas. They can be any where from spotty to turning black. I’ve also had no problem using frozen bananas in this recipe either. Most banana bread recipes do totally fine using frozen bananas.
Can I freeze this copycat banana bread?
If you want, you can also freeze this recipe. To freeze just wrap well in plastic cling wrap and you can freeze for up to three months.
Can I add nuts or chocolate chips?
You can also add chocolate chips, coconut flakes, walnuts or pecans if you like. I prefer to keep it plain though!
Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
- loaf pan
- 3 ripe or extra ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and greasing a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir well.
- Add in the egg, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, milk, and bananas. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth (for about three minutes).
- Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the top.
I hope you enjoyed this banana bread recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for lots of recipes and cooking inspiration.
If you liked this copycat recipe, you might also like:
- The BIG List of Custom Starbucks Iced Drinks
- Copycat Starbucks Oatmeal Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Vanilla Steamer
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread