These chocolate cherry crockpot brownies are so easy to make. You only need three easy ingredients to make this goeey, chocoaltely dessert!
I’m thrilled to be able to share this recipe for chocolate cherry crockpot brownies with you. One of my former co-workers is a member of my crockpot recipes group on Facebook and posted a chocolate cherry dump cake recipe. I’ve seen a ton of these toss and go recipes for cakes but I haven’t seen any for brownies.
I thought I would give it try with a box of brownie mix and I’m so glad I did. This chocolate cherry crockpot dessert was a hit at my house. My son who is super picky devoured it.
About this recipe
Fair warning, this recipe is warm and gooey. Although you are using brownie mix it’s more like the consistency of a spoon cake, not actual brownies. You can serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a little whipped cream.
This recipe is pretty simple but I do want to add that if you melt the butter and mix it with the brownie mix first that your chocolate cherry brownies will come out much more even. I’ve noticed with some dump and go dessert recipes (both in the oven and in the crockpot) that they come out a little uneven. Melting your butter in the microwave and then mixing it with the brownie mix will make a huge difference.
If you are a fan of chocolate and cherries, you will love this recipe! Did I mention that no only is this recipe delicious and easy but you only need three ingredients?
Why should I make this recipe in the crockpot?
I love being able to use my crockpot for this recipe. These chocolate cherry crockpot brownies are great for potlucks, barbecues, or if you want to bring in a delicious treat to your office. It’s so delicious because it is served warm and gooey. They go great with a scoop of ice cream or a little whipped cream.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
I love this recipe because you only need three ingredients. It doesn’t get much easier than that! For this recipe you will need:
- One box of brownie mix (unprepared, just the mix)
- Two cans of cherry pie filling
- Two sticks of butter (unsalted)
How long do I need to cook this recipe for?
Cook this recipe for 3 hours on high (you may need to check it a little before 3 hours, around the 2 ½ hour mark).
What size crockpot should I use?
For this recipe, a bigger crockpot is better. You will want to use a 6 quart crockpot or larger.
How do I make this recipe?
To make this recipe, begin by spraying your crockpot with non-stick spray. Add the cherry filling to your crockpot. Melt your butter (I softened and melted mine in the microwave) and then mix it with the brownie mix in a large bowl. Add the brownie mix and butter mixture on top of the cherries and cook on high for about three hours. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream on top.
Other easy desserts:
Chocolate Cherry Crockpot Brownies
- Crockpot (6 quart or larger is recommended)
- 1 box Brownie mix (unprepared, just the mix)
- 2 cans Cherry pie filling (mine were 21 ounces each)
- 2 sticks butter (unsalted) (2 sticks equals to 1 cup of butter)
- To make this recipe, begin by spraying your crockpot with non-stick spray. Add the cherry filling to your crockpot.
- Melt your butter (I softened and melted mine in the microwave) and then mix it with the brownie mix in a large bowl.
- Add the brownie mix and butter mixture on top of the cherries and cook on high for about three hours. I recommend checking the recipe at about 2 ½ hours since some crockpots can run hotter than others.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream on top.