No road trip is needed to enjoy your favorite fudge with this easy Copycat Buc-ees Fudge recipe!
Buc-ee’s is a must stop whenever I go on a road trip here in Texas. I am such a fan that I’ve also made this Copycat Buc-ee Pecans recipe and I am working on recreating their brisket too. Both my mom and my kids love their fudge so I decided to make a copycat version to make at home.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
This is a simple recipe that you can recreate at home. This recipe is for their basic chocolate fudge with pecans. Their chocolate pecan fudge seems to be one of their best sellers so I chose this one to recreate (especially since you can make it plain chocolate or swap the pecans for walnuts).
Buc-ee’s has a lot of other fudge varieties like peanut butter, red velvet, M&M, and key lime. If you’d like to see more recipes for their other varieties, let me know in the comments below.
🍫 Ingredients needed
For this fudge, you will need:
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk: Make sure you get sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk. There is a huge difference.
- Unsalted butter: You can use salted if that’s what you have on hand, but I think unsalted butter has the closest taste to Buc-ee’s.
- Vanilla extract: If you can, I recommend using pure vanilla extract. Pure vanilla extract will give you the best results.
- Pecans (optional): You can swap these for walnuts or M&Ms. You can also leave them out if you want a plain fudge.
You can leave the pecans out, swap the pecans for walnuts, or add M&Ms. This basic recipe can easily be adapted to recreate a few of their fudge varieties.
🔪 Equipment needed
You will need a medium or large pot and an 8×8 pan. You will also need parchment paper or aluminum foil.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Prepare an 8×8 size pan by lining it with parchment paper or foil. Lightly grease it with a small amount of the butter (step 1).
Next, add the ingredients to a large pot except for the pecans (step 2). Cook on low heat while stirring frequently (step 3). Cook for about five minutes or until everything is melted and well combined. Always use low heat, do not increase the heat.
Add the pecans into the mixture (step 4). Pour into the 8×8 pan (step 5). Smooth the top out with a spatula.
Allow the fudge to cool completely for 3 to 4 hours. You can place the fudge in your fridge if you want it to set faster.
- Heat on low on your stove-top and stir frequently. I do not recommend using your microwave because it can create hot spots in the chocolate.
- Make sure you get sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk.
- Use clothes pins or clips to hold your parchment paper down before you pour the fudge into it. Alternatively, you can use aluminum foil to avoid this problem entirely.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store your fudge at room temperature in a sealed container. The fudge will be good for up to five days after making.
📋 Recipe FAQs
Use your stove-top and heat on low. Stir very frequently. Do not microwave as this can cause the chocolate to have hot spots or become scorched in some spots.
Using a smaller pan to make a thicker fudge and using high quality ingredients will help you have high quality results.
If you heat your ingredients on high, it can cause a taffy like consistency.
Their fudge, pecans, beaver nuggets, and brisket are some of their most popular food offerings.
I recommend getting their fudge, brisket sandwich, or their pecans. Really, you can’t go wrong with any of their food offerings. They offer fresh cut fruit, banana pudding, and mini cheese and meat boxes too. They also have so many awesome drinks to choose from.
Other copycat recipes:
If you tried this Copycat Buc-ee’s Fudge or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Copycat Buc-ee’s Fudge
- 8×8 pan
- parchment paper or aluminum foil
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk about 14 ounces
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans optional*
- Prepare an 8×8 size pan by lining it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Lightly grease it with a small amount of the butter.
- Next, add the ingredients to a large pot except for the pecans.3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, ¼ cup unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cook on low heat while stirring frequently. Cook for about five minutes or until everything is melted and well combined. Always use low heat, do not increase the heat.
- Add the pecans into the mixture. Pour into the 8×8 pan. Smooth the top out with a spatula.½ cup pecans
- Allow the fudge to cool completely for 3 to 4 hours. You can place the fudge in your fridge if you want it to set faster.