This Copycat Fazoli’s Alfredo Sauce is a simple and delicious copycat recipe that you can make for dinner. Your entire family will love it!
Fazoli’s is one of my favorite chain restaurants. Their alfredo and breadsticks are two of my favorites. I love making this copycat alfredo sauce with this Instant Pot Italian Chicken or this Italian Herb Chicken.
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
This recipe is quick and easy to make. It is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. It goes great with grilled chicken or shrimp too.
🧈 Ingredients needed
For this Alfredo sauce, you will need:
- Butter: I used unsalted butter so I could control the amount of salt going into the recipe. If you only have salted butter you may want to reduce the salt you add in.
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper: Salt can really make or break your sauce. Be sure to add salt and pepper to taste.
- All purpose flour
- Heavy cream
- Milk: I recommend using 2% or whole milk for the best results.
- Parmesan cheese: I recommend using shredded or shaved in this alfredo sauce. You can also grate your own from a block of Parmesan, if desired.
Alfredo is meant to be an indulgent dish if you’re concerned about the butter and cheese!
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
In a large pot, melt the butter on a medium heat. Add the garlic powder and salt then whisk well (image 1).
Add the flour, pepper, heavy cream, milk, and Parmesan cheese (image 2). Whisk well then bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low and then whisk again. Keep a careful eye on the sauce, if you leave it on a boil too long it will cause your sauce to scorch.
Serve over fettuccine or your favorite pasta.
🥣 How to reheat Alfredo sauce
Reheat your Alfredo sauce on low on the stove top. Whisk or stir well while re-heating.
- Be sure to add salt to taste. Salt can really make or break an Alfredo recipe.
- Make sure you lower the heat after adding your heavy cream and Parmesan. Too high of a heat will scorch your sauce.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store your leftover Alfredo sauce in an airtight container in your fridge. It will be good for up to four days after making.
Reheat the sauce on low and stir frequently when you are ready to eat again.
📋 Recipe & Fazoli’s FAQs
Yes, they are a buttered breadstick with garlic.
Fazoli’s uses a red sauce and then a white alfredo sauce in their pasta dishes.
Heavy cream, milk, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, butter, all purpose flour, salt, and pepper.
Other copycat recipes:
If you tried this Copycat Fazoli’s Alfredo or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Copycat Fazoli’s Alfredo Sauce
- Large pot
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk 2% or whole milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- In a large pot, melt the butter on a medium heat. Add the garlic powder and salt then whisk well.4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder, salt
- Add the flour, pepper, heavy cream, milk, and Parmesan cheese. Whisk well then bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low and then whisk again. Keep a careful eye on the sauce, if you leave it on a boil too long it will cause your sauce to scorch.pepper, 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, 1 ¼ cup heavy cream, 1 cup milk, 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Serve over fettuccine or your favorite pasta.