This zesty copycat Chicken Salad Chick Buffalo Barclay chicken salad recipe is so easy to make. The buffalo sauce is such a delicious twist on a classic recipe!
I love making a batch of chicken salad for lunches or for dinner during the hot summer months. This copycat Chicken Salad Chick Buffalo Barclay is so easy to make at home. You can have a batch of restaurant quality chicken salad in about 20 minutes.
If you’re a Chicken Salad Chick fan be sure to check out some other great copycat recipes like this copycat Chicken Salad Chick broccoli salad, copycat Chicken Salad Chick pimento cheese, and this copycat Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol recipe.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
This is an easy copycat recipe that tastes just like the restaurant version. It is also an awesome chicken salad to prep for lunches.
🥪 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Water (not pictured): You will need a large pot of water to boil the chicken in.
- Chicken tenderloins: I recommend chicken tenderloins in all of my copycat Chicken Salad Chick recipes but you can also substitute chicken breast or rotisserie chicken with the skin removed.
- Mayonnaise: I highly recommend using Duke’s mayonnaise.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, salt and pepper: To season the chicken salad with.
- Mild wing sauce: I used Frank’s mild wing sauce.
🔪 Equipment needed
To shred the chicken up really fine like the restaurant version, you will need a hand or stand mixer.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Begin by adding water to large potting. Boil the water and add your chicken tenderloins. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You will also be able to tell the chicken is done when you shred it.
Set it aside to cool and gather your other ingredients. Use a hand or stand mixer to shred the chicken into fine pieces (image 1).
Add the seasonings, mayonnaise, and wing sauce (image 2). If needed, add more wing sauce to taste. Serve as a sandwich, on a salad, or with crackers.
🥗 What to serve with this recipe
- Use a high quality mayonnaise like Duke’s mayonnaise.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge. The chicken salad will be good for up to four days after making.
Other copycat Chicken Salad Chick recipes:
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Kickin’ Kay Lynne
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Dixie Chick
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Fruity Fran
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Cranberry Kelli
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Pimento Cheese
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Rice Crispy Treats
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Jalapeño Holly
If you tried this Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Buffalo Barclay Chicken Salad or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Buffalo Barclay
- Large pot
- hand mixer or food processor to shred the chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins Use 2 cups of shredded chicken if you are using rotisserie chicken or chicken breast
- ¾ cup Duke's mayonnaise you can use another brand but Duke's is a really high quality mayo that a lot of restaurants use.
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch salt or to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper or to taste
- 3 tablespoons wing sauce (mild) I recommend Frank's mild wing sauce. You can add more to taste, if needed.
- Begin by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken tenderloins and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Chicken should register 165 degrees (Fahrenheit) with a meat thermometer.
- Let the chicken cool.
- Move the chicken to a large mixing bowl and shred with your hand or stand mixer. This will help the chicken get super fine just like the restaurant version.
- Add the mayonnaise, seasonings, and wing sauce.
- Serve with crackers, toast, or on a salad.