These Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Rice Crispy Treats are such a quick and delicious treat to make. They are loaded with chocolate chips and marshmallows!
My family is definitely a fan of rice crispy treats so I had to grab some last time we were at Chicken Salad Chick. Their rice crispy treats are super unique. I love that they are a mix of regular rice cereal and chocolate cereal. Some of my family’s other favorite rice crispy treats are these Copycat Starbucks Rice Crispy Treats, Protein Rice Crispy Treats, and Cookie Butter Rice Crispy Treats if you are also a rice crispy treat fan!
I did have a little confusion recently from a reader on my Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Pimento Cheese Recipe, they emailed me and asked where the chicken salad was in the recipe. I want to clarify that these are not chicken salad rice crispy treats but that Chicken Salad Chick is a restaurant and this a copycat recipe for them.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
These rice crispy treats are definitely unique. I had never seen a rice crispy treat with half chocolate rice cereal, half regular, and chocolate chips before but they are just so darn good. They are quick and easy to make too.
🍫 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Mini marshmallows: Make sure you use fresh marshmallows. Stale marshmallows can make your treats hard and tough.
- Butter: I used unsalted but you can use salted butter if you like a little salt in your treats.
- Chocolate chips: Chicken Salad Chick uses milk chocolate chips in theirs.
- Regular and chocolate rice cereal: Such as Rice Krispies. There is a little more chocolate cereal than regular cereal in the treats.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
In a large bowl combine the chocolate rice cereal, regular rice cereal, and one cup of the mini marshmallows (image 1).
On your stove top, combine the butter and the remaining marshmallows together in a large pot on low heat. Stir slow and on low until well combined. Once melted add your vanilla extract. Pour over the cereal mixture (image 2).
Next, transfer to a greased two quart pan and add the chocolate chips on top. Pat them gently into place (image 3). Let cool for one hour before serving. Do not refrigerate.
- Don’t press too hard on your treats when putting them in the pan. If you put too much pressure on them they will turn out too hard.
- Use fresh marshmallows and cereal for the best results.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover rice crispy treats in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be good for up to four days after making.
Other Chicken Salad Chick recipes:
If you tried these Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Rice Crispy Treats or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Rice Crispy Treats
- 2 quart pan greased well
- 2 cups plain rice cereal Such as Rice Krispies
- 4 cups chocolate rice cereal
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 15 ounces mini marshmallows divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the chocolate rice cereal, regular rice cereal, and one cup of the mini marshmallows
- On your stove top, combine the butter and the remaining marshmallows together in a large pot on low heat. Stir slow and on low until well combined. Once melted add your vanilla extract and stir well. Pour over the cereal mixture.
- Next, transfer to a greased two quart pan and add the chocolate chips on top. Pat them gently into place.
- Let cool for one hour before serving. Do not refrigerate.
Leave a Reply